• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

He has a year and a half left. He could help a team try for 2 Cups. Now is the time to move him.

Not to mention that his contract next year is still unbelievably affordable

He has a year and a half left. He could help a team try for 2 Cups. Now is the time to move him.

The heavy lifting trades should be made in the summer when caps are reset and you should have more teams in the mix .

A now trade maybe only yields 5 teams bidding .

We should be dealing 14 and maybe Benn or Byron to get those second rounders we could use by the deadline.

If we move 67, need a centre. Can't trade top D top scorer and top prospect in 18 months and not get a centre in one deal.

If that's the best we could get for him I'd just keep Byron. But if we could get a 2nd or better I'd move him.

We will easily get a second on a contending team . He can play anywhere on your top 9 and fill in the top 6 when need be .

He can kill penalties , speed galore and competes.

If we didn't stink I would keep him but he Pleks and Benn should be our deadline targets to move .

In the summer you move the captain and other large moves .

That’s weapons grade stupidity.

Pax has 10 playoff goals in 38 games, 21 goal season pace, 40 points.

And 3 goals in his last 12 playoff games.

Only an idiot GM would expect Max to be a lock to help in a playoff run, knowing as well as we do that in order to help the timing needs to be so accute that Max has to roll into the playoffs at the start of a fiery streak or he’s a no show.

That’s weapons grade stupidity.

Pax has 10 playoff goals in 38 games, 21 goal season pace, 40 points.

And 3 goals in his last 12 playoff games.

Only an idiot GM would expect Max to be a lock to help in a playoff run, knowing as well as we do that in order to help the timing needs to be so accute that Max has to roll into the playoffs at the start of a fiery streak or he’s a no show.

It was painful watching him trying to pass the puck from behind Tampa's net. He's a totally one-dimensional player. Even during his big scoring seasons, I was never a huge fan of his.

We will easily get a second on a contending team . He can play anywhere on your top 9 and fill in the top 6 when need be .

He can kill penalties , speed galore and competes.

If we didn't stink I would keep him but he Pleks and Benn should be our deadline targets to move .

In the summer you move the captain and other large moves .

Agree and Byron and Benn have 1 more year at dirt cap amounts (1M) so that’s really lucrative.

In my view they should be looking to deal Max, Byron, Plex, McCarron, Benn, Morrow and drumroll please...Alzner (we would have to pick up half the cap hit).

The we focus on Price and Weber in the summer if it’s a complete gutting.

Max with Benn
Plex solo
Byron with Morrow
MaCarron and something creative / else plus Alzner in a salary dump to Arizona or Buffalo, willing to add Carr

It was painful watching him trying to pass the puck from behind Tampa's net. He's a totally one-dimensional player. Even during his big scoring seasons, I was never a huge fan of his.

Yup. If we know that and Tortorella knows that’s, so does everyone else.

I’d be shocked if we got 3 solid pieces for Max. Expect two, an A prospect and late pick, maybe a 2nd, or a B prospect instead.

Max with Benn
Plex solo
Byron with Morrow
MaCarron and something creative / else plus Alzner in a salary dump to Arizona or Buffalo, willing to add Carr

Edit: forgot to add 1or 2 goalies. May have to add Lindgren to dump Alzner.

Back