• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

I wouldn’t give up 11 for Nurse.

Maybe a draft pick/lower grade prospect for nurse. (Oilers would want more) But I’m not that impressed by him. Also why are habs always tied to oilers rumours.

Petry
DD
Montoya

We do seem to trade with them a bit.

Montreal desperately needs high ceiling young d-man. No doubt.

I like Gallagher, but I don't think his peak years fit with our window. I don't see the Habs winning a cup for another 5 years. He will be 31/32 at that point.

With that said -- there is no reason why the Oilers should be trading d-men. They need more defense, not less.

they also need wingers

but you are correct

Agreed on the widow with 11. He has 3 years left on his nice contract . He will be 29 then and probably past his his prime with his 35 year body the way he plays .

BTW we arent winning a cup in 5 years .

I agree. But you also need to look at who is in that room to mentor the younger players and 11 is a guy I would want there.

I agree. But you also need to look at who is in that room to mentor the younger players and 11 is a guy I would want there.

Totally understand the merits of both sides . However you have to find ways to improve your team and know where you stand in the NHL food chain

We are a bottom feeder and no disrespect to 11 but if he is arguably your best forward right now your in trouble .

The problem is we have no core to build a contender right now . If 11 lands you a Max type return with a stud prospect you have to think about it while 11 is still productive and valuable.

At 29 I dont want a big contract when he is entering decline years .

Nero stripped this team to shit while depleting the prospect pool .

Its a business and you have to make tough decisions .

be honest Gee, you just like trading guys in their prime for young prospects,,,

Nope and more nope

If we are a contender like the Peg or TO , 11 is the perfect compliment to their star studded top 6 .

He becomes your Hornquist sidekick to a star on a great contract .

Where are you going when 11 is your best forward , not winning anything with him Count .

Do we have the core intact for him .....not a hope in hell right now

2/3 of this roster wont be here in 3-5 years

He is 3 years removed from a big extension playing 150 miles an hour on a 5`9 frame .

Its all asset management .... its a business

and remember, if it is just business, the players should never be told to take less for the benefit of the whole.

In this business 95% of these players will shut their trap cause they won’t make this money anywhere .

This is a fantasy world where billionaires sign cheques to millionaires .

Probably the best thing to do was not name a captain and let everyone in the league know Weber is on the market. This time around the team has some depth, the Czech dmen in the AHL can probably play in the NHL and not make a mockery of themselves and the team. They have a surplus of forwards....etc. They can load up on more prospects and draft picks , trading away the vets on the team.

He simply can't get a decent return for Weber at this moment. Moving Subban was his most controversial move and MB will not admit mistake. They will have to wait for Weber to recover and show he's still the player he was on the ice. Until then, there's no trading him. The C doesn't matter in a trade scenario, look what's happened to the last few captains.

He simply can't get a decent return for Weber at this moment. Moving Subban was his most controversial move and MB will not admit mistake. They will have to wait for Weber to recover and show he's still the player he was on the ice. Until then, there's no trading him. The C doesn't matter in a trade scenario, look what's happened to the last few captains.

I don't think they want to move Weber so fast anyways, even if he comes back healthy. I think Molson wants playoff revenue back asap.

They could have easily gone the Leaf way and not name a captain, wait till the team has some credibility.

I don't think they want to move Weber so fast anyways, even if he comes back healthy. I think Molson wants playoff revenue back asap.

For sure they want to keep him, not so much for playoff rev., more to do with upholding the "attitude" schtick to keep the fans thinking management has credibility.

Back