• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

I'm looking at a Milan Lucic type of return for Max.

Lucic was traded at the draft with 1 year left on his contract and fetched the 13th overall pick, Martin Jones (who the Bruins traded for another 1st round pick), and Colin Miller who's been having a decent career so far.

There is no reason why we can't do the same, baring the incompetence of our GM.

Could very well end up with something similar. Hurricanes seem to be very much interested in Max and it looks like they will draft somewhere around #11. But maybe what is possibly available @ 11 for this draft is too good to give up.

Could very well end up with something similar. Hurricanes seem to be very much interested in Max and it looks like they will draft somewhere around #11. But maybe what is possibly available @ 11 for this draft is too good to give up.

If you can get # 11 plus one of their young D ( they are loaded ) and Gauthier giddie up ...

At 11 plenty of good prospects still available

I feel that's a fair price for one of the best goal scorer in the league. I'd be stoked having 2 1st in the top 15.

I feel that's a fair price for one of the best goal scorer in the league. I'd be stoked having 2 1st in the top 15.

damn, glad I read it again, I thought you wrote, you would be stroking if we have 2 in top 15

nah
miss the playoffs by only a few points

hurray

this team is 29th in offense. Where are these magical goals coming from next season that will get us close to the playoffs?

this team is 29th in offense. Where are these magical goals coming from next season that will get us close to the playoffs?

You got to hope Scherbak picks it up if Max is traded, but I am not sure he's ready to do so.

You got to hope Scherbak picks it up if Max is traded, but I am not sure he's ready to do so.

I think the hope would be that Drouin picks it up goal scoring wise if Max is moved

I think the hope would be that Drouin picks it up goal scoring wise if Max is moved

True but I was thinking of goal scoring winger replacing goal scoring winger. If Drouin only has 15 goals next year but 50 assists I could live with that.

So we are reliant on a player called hope instead of a player called cap space.

Sounds legit. To the bottom we go.

True but I was thinking of goal scoring winger replacing goal scoring winger. If Drouin only has 15 goals next year but 50 assists I could live with that.

You don't trade 30plus (Max) goals to TRY to get 30 goals back.

If Max is traded it's for picks and prospects for the rebuild. At that point it's somewhat irrelevant what Drouin and Scherbak do next season - cause we're in a rebuild.

If you want 30 goals next year, you just keep Max.

Bergevin wants to make the playoffs next year so he may well re-sign Max (and Pleks)

You don't trade 30plus (Max) goals to TRY to get 30 goals back.

If Max is traded it's for picks and prospects for the rebuild. At that point it's somewhat irrelevant what Drouin and Scherbak do next season - cause we're in a rebuild.

If you want 30 goals next year, you just keep Max.

I agree , if the Hurricanes want Max that bad and are will to trade their 1st for it I would do it. But the argument was how are they going to make the playoffs or just miss the playoffs next year without Max. Scherbak and Drouin each scoring 20 goals or more next year would help.

I agree , if the Hurricanes want Max that bad and are will to trade their 1st for it I would do it. But the argument was how are they going to make the playoffs or just miss the playoffs next year without Max. Scherbak and Drouin each scoring 20 goals or more next year would help.

Scherbak and Drouin will have no problem scoring once they're being centered by Tavares.

:couch

IMO Scherbak will have a hard time succeeding under Julien.

I do see him being on the team at the start of the season, but I don't see Gallagher, Galchenyuk or Scherbak playing on the same lines as one another (with various other partners) under Julien. I see those three players on three separate lines, which will limit their productivity.

Back