• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

I think your dipping in the Metaxa again with the Islander offer.
Jeff Carter deal from Philly to CBJ is the benchmark IMO - CBJ (Howson) was in desperation mode much as I suspect Snow will be in getting JT re-inked. Snows jobs on the line.

Also, Beauvillier is nowhere near the talent Voracek was.comparatively speaking.

Truth be told, I’d settle for Beauvillier + Isles 1st + 2nd/3rd next draft.

Jeff Carter deal from Philly to CBJ is the benchmark IMO - CBJ (Howson) was in desperation mode much as I suspect Snow will be in getting JT re-inked. Snows jobs on the line.

Also, Beauvillier is nowhere near the talent Voracek was.comparatively speaking.

A 1st and a young player is reasonable. 2 1st and young player is not.

And don’t the Isles have another 1st rounder from Calgary in the Hamonic deal?

That would definitely entice Snow to turn at ladt one of tnose into immediate NHL help if Tavares bolts

Totally different situation . Carter was locked up with major term and in his prime . Max is a year removed from UFA and everyone knows we are trying to move him

Hire Quenneville after the Hawks fire him... bury Julien somewhere I don't care...

Totally different situation . Carter was locked up with major term and in his prime . Max is a year removed from UFA and everyone knows we are trying to move him
We're definitely not getting a Carter return but I still think Lucic is a good comparable.

We're definitely not getting a Carter return but I still think Lucic is a good comparable.

The Lucic deal is about as good as it gets . The optics have changed over the last few years . There is a huge premium on young skilled ELC talent already in the league with more upside . Kids are playing sooner and making big money sooner.

The appetite to acquire a Max type and pay him big bucks in his 30's and eventual decline years has waned big time.

I think the RM deal with a higher pick is about what we are going to get. Or a decent roster player and picks.

But I can't see a high upside prospect coming to us as teams need these guys on the cheap to offset current higher roster salaries and bridge the gap til they get paid.

Why the heck would the Islanders deal a young AB when he could be a 25-30 goal scorer next year on a ELC and 8 years younger . Those 2 first rounders could both be top 10 as well.

Last edited:

The Lucic deal is about as good as it gets . The optics have changed over the last few years . There is a huge premium on young skilled ELC talent already in the league with more upside . Kids are playing sooner and making big money sooner.

The appetite to acquire a Max type and pay him big bucks in his 30's and eventual decline years has waned big time.

I think the RM deal with a higher pick is about what we are going to get. Or a decent roster player and picks.

But I can't see a high upside prospect coming to us as teams need these guys on the cheap to offset current higher roster salaries and bridge the gap til they get paid.

Why the heck would the Islanders deal a young AB when he could be a 25-30 goal scorer next year on a ELC and 8 years younger . Those 2 first rounders could both be top 10 as well.

What's the RM deal? I think a mid-first, a 3rd, and a decent prospect is about as good as we're going to get for Max.

What's the RM deal? I think a mid-first, a 3rd, and a decent prospect is about as good as we're going to get for Max.

Ryan McDonough ....2 good prospects ( not top tier ) who move immediately into our top 5 list .

Howden is a solid player in the Horvat mold , I think he is underrated .

I just picked up the Hockey News Future Watch , and some wanted Kyrou and Thomas both ranked in the top 12 overall.

No team is giving us that quality a kid , I dont see it .

A top 15 pick and those caliber of prospects or a decent roster player is all we are going to get .

Back