• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tank Nation Redux 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
plus/minus is still used today by every coach in the NHL along with the players so it isn't useless; you use the stat to gauge lines and d-pairings, not individual performances; ie 27 line was plus -2 or plek line was plus 2; so when used right its a great tool, when used as an individual stat it misses.
Hey, someone who gets it.

I actually expect them to start winning once the trade deadline passes, and especially once they are mathematically out of playoffs

the belief that all other teams are going to lose every game and that somehow every point we get hurts is silly but the same cast of characters do this every bad season

the belief that all other teams are going to lose every game and that somehow every point we get hurts is silly but the same cast of characters do this every bad season

I think we all want the best shot at Dahlin, and the more losses we get, the higher probability we have of drafting him in the lotto. Even a top 3 pick would be amazing this year. Last thing we want is to get a couple more wins and end up picking in the 10 spot or something. You are on the same page as all of us right? Wanting us to lose and getting pissed at useless 1 point OTs. We want to tank hard, not semi hard, full hard Count, can you get on board?

Nope, I still cheer when we score because I think cheering against your team is wrong. I also think deliberately losing debases sport. Somehow it has become an internet phenomena amongst so called fans who claim they cheer when their team is scored on etc.

I think we all want the best shot at Dahlin, and the more losses we get, the higher probability we have of drafting him in the lotto. Even a top 3 pick would be amazing this year. Last thing we want is to get a couple more wins and end up picking in the 10 spot or something. You are on the same page as all of us right? Wanting us to lose and getting pissed at useless 1 point OTs. We want to tank hard, not semi hard, full hard Count, can you get on board?

Count is a purist who would rather the team finish 5 points out of the playoffs every season because they have more wins than finish bottom 5 for a few seasons and stock up on elite talent.

He probably thinks the leafs were utter failures finishing dead last in the league the year they got Matthews.

Nope, I still cheer when we score because I think cheering against your team is wrong. I also think deliberately losing debases sport. Somehow it has become an internet phenomena amongst so called fans who claim they cheer when their team is scored on etc.

Can you keep this shit out of the tank thread? You have GDTs to take about trying to win.

No one who's a fan of unethical and immoral big time college football and basketball, the corrupt Olympics and cheaters like Barry Bonds should be allowed to pontificate about things which "debase" sports. For you, that ship has sailed a long time ago.

Count is a purist who would rather the team finish 5 points out of the playoffs every season because they have more wins than finish bottom 5 for a few seasons and stock up on elite talent.

He probably thinks the leafs were utter failures finishing dead last in the league the year they got Matthews.

don't presume to think for me

No one who's a fan of unethical and immoral big time college football and basketball, the corrupt Olympics and cheaters like Barry Bonds should be allowed to pontificate about things which "debase" sports. For you, that ship has sailed a long time ago.

says the guy who wanted a cap not because it helped the Canadiens but because it hurt the Leafs,,,,

says the guy who wanted a cap not because it helped the Canadiens but because it hurt the Leafs,,,,

Not because it hurt the Leafs (or Rangers) per se, but because it punished the stupidity of general managers with unlimited supplies of cash to paper over their dumb mistakes. The cap is egalitarian. No one has the unfair advantage of being able to outspend their competition. They now have to outsmart them instead. Nothing wrong with that (unless your GM happens to be Marc Bergevin)

I've asked you politely to keep your nonsense about winning out of the tank thread. One would hate if the negative nancies were posting and taking over GDTs again.

Since when have you ever listened to anyone?

It will be sweet if Nashville loses in the first round,,,,

They are dependent on Rinne playing out of his mind like last year. Not sure why they felt the need to bring back Mr. Underwood though.

We got 6 points out of 20 in our last 10 games, we're tanking as best as we can. Ottawa and Arizona have started to win, which is nice, but Buffalo and Edmonton are relentless.

I have attempted to respect your request to not post tank stuff in GDT. If that's not a mutual thing I can gladly stop.

You really do not understand the difference between gratuitously posting drivel like you did do, and me responding to a specific question do you?

I have attempted to respect your request to not post tank stuff in GDT. If that's not a mutual thing I can gladly stop.

Going to war with a site moderator is a fight you're guaranteed to lose. He can simply delete any of your posts which he deems inappropriate.

We got 6 points out of 20 in our last 10 games, we're tanking as best as we can. Ottawa and Arizona have started to win, which is nice, but Buffalo and Edmonton are relentless.

yeah, even a bad team should get 8-10 out of 20. We are even underperforming what a bad team should do.

We haven't won in six games, not sure what more anyone expects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back