• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tank Nation Redux 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tank Nation 2014

It's definitely case by case. Bringing a player up too quickly can destroy their confidence and it can takes a while to rebuild it. Some just need to learn the speed of the game at the NHL level, they can't learn it in the AHL.

It's definitely case by case. Bringing a player up too quickly can destroy their confidence and it can takes a while to rebuild it. Some just need to learn the speed of the game at the NHL level, they can't learn it in the AHL.

For d-men, with some exceptions here and there, it seems to better to learn that in the minors.

For d-men, with some exceptions here and there, it seems to better to learn that in the minors.

True. But we don't seem to be doing it right either way. Subban is the only D that made it through our org and to our team since Komisarek.

Could be argued, Subban had the only real "mentor" this org has had w their AHL affiliate in a while. DD, MaxPac & White were also products of the same monitor.

Could be argued that Subban had the talent and drive to succeed.

I think Subban would have developed regardless of who was coaching.

Could be argued, Subban had the only real "mentor" this org has had w their AHL affiliate in a while. DD, MaxPac & White were also products of the same monitor.

MaxPac developped more under Cunneyworth when he was sent down the second time than under GBoucher. He only played 18 games plus 5 playoff games under Guy Boucher.

DD spent 2.5 years in the AHL under 3 different coaches.

White also had 2.5 years in the AHL under 3 different coaches.

While Boucher helped these guys, I'm not sure he's the only one who should get credit. Cunneyworth for as bad as he was as an NHL coach (and he was terrible) is pretty proven as an effective developer of talent in the AHL over the years. Same could be said for Don Lever at the AHL level.

Lefebvre is one guy I'm not convinced on.

I was just going to say that, Cunneyworth has always been a really good AHL coach. His track record for Buffalo was pretty good. Too bad PG had the stupid idea of promoting him and ruining his career.

Lefebvre sucks, I'm convinced enough.

The only reason XPO wants to tank to win our bet. There is no other logical reason. The upcoming draft is extremely weak.

The only reason XPO wants to tank to win our bet. There is no other logical reason. The upcoming draft is extremely weak.

As weak as it may be, the first couple of guys are usually good to great future players. Notice I said usually. Not always.

LOL and yet last month it was all about the window being now

I no longer have faith in MB's ability to pull off a major trade and these window dressing deals won't be enough. So the easiest path at this point is to just hit the reset button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back