• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Everything Auston Matthews thread

This has been a strange year. EVERYTHING fell into place.

D8V6tUL.jpg

Looking back, the Clarkson signing was the best thing to happen to you guys. Like a heroin addict hitting rock bottom and accepting that big changes need to be made.

Do we automatically have the best prospect system in the league?

Yes, but funny enough, the Jets are one of the teams in the conversation and they're getting Laine....so it's still close. We have Nylander, Marner & Matthews up at the top of our group, which is insanely good...the Jets have Ehlers, Laine, & Connor, which is also really, really good.

I don't think there's any doubt that Matthews wanted the Coyotes to win the lottery. But he had to know it was unlikely and he'd be going elsewhere. There's no reason to think he's disappointed that the Leafs won (outside of the fact it wasn't PHO.) I assume he's as happy with the Leafs as anyone besides the Yotes.

It has been a downright nightmare to be a Leaf fan since that 10 minutes of the 3rd period in game 7 against the Bruins.

The last 12 months, starting with the Clarkson trade, so much as gone right for this organisation.
Babcock, Lou, trading Phaneuf, Kessel, Marner, emergence of Nylander, Zaitsev, Vessey maybe, and now Matthews.... If Stamkos comes here it will be a an absolutely phenomenal year and a half stretch.

Back