• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Good The Bad & The Ugly - Round 2 Game 3 - Habs vs Lightning

If one thing tells us anything about this series is that "advanced stats" are flawed.

No one said they were pefect - few things are - but the Canadiens aren't down 3-0 because they have the puck too much and are shooting too often. We lack finishers around the net.

It proves my theory that I was right all year. Every time I voice doubt all I get in reply is "50 wins, 110 points" or "We're winning, stop worrying and enjoy it"

Well guess what? Things unfolded pretty much exactly as I said they would. That's why I'm saying that dismissing what's happening to the Habs right now as just bad luck is BS. Luck applies to things happening which are otherwise unexpected. I expected this. I told everyone here that this would happen. It's not luck. It's what this team is. If anything it's their regular season stats which were "lucky". What we're getting now is the reality that people have been denying for the past 6 months.

What reality? Everybody was aware that we were a long shot to win the Cup. This is no surprise. But the argument that we were not a good team and were a fraud is false. We're once again in the top 4 in the East, which is exactly what this team is in reality, a top 4 team in the East.

but you seem happier that you are right than sad the team is losing. Don't you find it odd that you would rather be right than have the team win?

Happy? Just because I'm not using caps lock on all my posts doesn't mean I'm not angry. I'm plenty angry and I would like nothing better than to be wrong while watching this team win the Cup. I'd always rather win than do or be anything else. I'm not the one on here saying that we should just be happy with what we're given. I want to see them win.

Am I sad that they're losing? No. I'm pissed off that they're losing. I'm angry about it, not sad. To be sad would imply that something out of their control conspired against them. That's not the case here. All of the Habs' wounds are self-inflicted. They've got nobody but themselves to blame.

What reality? Everybody was aware that we were a long shot to win the Cup. This is no surprise. But the argument that we were not a good team and were a fraud is false. We're once again in the top 4 in the East, which is exactly what this team is in reality, a top 4 team in the East.

Without Price the only thing this team is top 4 in is the draft lottery. It is a fraud.

analytics say we will, and of course, since they are a great predictor of future success, it has to change and we will win the series.

hell, I'm just hanging my hat on fact we haven't lost four in a row all season, I'm like the drowning man reaching for the piece of driftwood
Analytics are not a great predictor of individual games or series.... they are a predictor of long term horizons.

Unfortunately as we are seeing... a small blip in shooting percentage can eliminate a team

We have can go on all 30 message boards with his posts... each under a different username... and on 29 of them hell be able to say... see i told you that this team was a fraud and i told you they would lose in the playoffs.

Thats why its such a bullshit argument. 29 teams of 30 are failures in his book. So if you always spout off that the team is shit..n youll almost always be able to say i told you so

Back