• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Offseason Thread 2018

Yup. I do worry that Babs' poor usage will come back to haunt them in negotiations. Our best players need to play more. Why the **** is Eichel getting more than 2 minutes per game more than Matthews?

Because we don’t have to ride Matthews into injury to compete. We can play a little safer and still win games and go to the playoffs and compete.

They can’t. They need everything they can get out of Jack just to be able to put butts in the stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People don’t realize that minutes add up and expose a player to injury.

Jack can enjoy his minutes but it will affect his golf game come April when they’re bounced and we’re trying to win a cup.

I like how one day Howard Berger on facebook is celebrating his 2nd year working at a funeral home, and the next going on a rant about how the Leafs aren't that good and tells us we need to read his article on the Leafs.
Berger is damn fortunate that he grew up in an era where there wasn't a ton of competition in the sports media marketplace, and he was able to carve out a 20+ year career as a beat reporter for the most popular hockey team in the world by being little more than the equivalent of an internet troll.

And now that's literally what he is. Some schlub working a regular, depressing, dead-end job and trolling Leaf fans on the internet after work.

Berger is damn fortunate that he grew up in an era where there wasn't a ton of competition in the sports media marketplace, and he was able to carve out a 20+ year career as a beat reporter for the most popular hockey team in the world by being little more than the equivalent of an internet troll.

And now that's literally what he is. Some schlub working a regular, depressing, dead-end job and trolling Leaf fans on the internet after work.

In his latest rant, he actually included John Carlson as a "Stud #1 D" that leads teams to cups to keep his narrative going. His articles are horrible.(Carlson was strong last season but come on)

I do agree. He had perfect timing. He's just dumb, boring, and has no real knowledge of hockey.

Wonder if the Leafs are using Salming to try and sway Willy to sign

https://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/nhl/ska-ringa-honom-i-dag-han-maste-tanka-sig-for/

"I think he should consider this carefully. Imagine if they do not agree and he ends up in another team instead, then everything that he has built up in Toronto can be ruined. There is always a risk of going to another team, you may not go with the coach and end up in the team, you never know"

Salming understands that there are big money involved, but stresses that there are other values. Now he will call Nylander to advise him.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

People don’t realize that minutes add up and expose a player to injury.

Jack can enjoy his minutes but it will affect his golf game come April when they’re bounced and we’re trying to win a cup.

Ovechkin 20:09
Backstrom 19:40
Kuznetsov 18:49
Oshie 18:25
Matthews 18:08

In his latest rant, he actually included John Carlson as a "Stud #1 D" that leads teams to cups to keep his narrative going. His articles are horrible.(Carlson was strong last season but come on)

I do agree. He had perfect timing. He's just dumb, boring, and has no real knowledge of hockey.
Sounds like the standard Berger fare. Trolling, click-bait and worn-out, tired tropes.

And, I mean, if you're going to hold up John Carlson as the "stud #1 defenseman" that teams have to have in order to win, you can't really turn that around as a shot against the Leafs. Because if you're going to lower the bar for "stud #1" enough that Carlson can hop over it, then it's pretty tough to argue that Morgan Rielly isn't a "stud #1" as well.

why does anyone know what Berger says about anything?
I dunno. I don't have any interest myself. It's been a decade or two since I've read anything that man's written.

Just like I also don't go seeking out whatever the hell Al Strachan might be thinking these days, and skip past Feschuk, Simmons & McGran's articles if I'm reading the newspaper.

Though when articles about Berger have popped up in the media (like the one about him blowing his severance package & savings by paying out-of-pocket to travel with the team and pretend he was still a Leaf beat reporter for years after being fired, or the article about him becoming a funeral director's assistant), I will admit that I've read those because of a combination of morbid curiosity and schadenfreude.

It used to be the norm that the local media just crapped irrationally on the Leafs and stirred up furor over nothing with regular smear campaigns mixed in.

This has been replaced by tv guys tripping over each other to apologize for anything positive they might say about the Leafs (but rarely do). All these spineless turds like Friedman, Miller, Duthie, et al cowed by the online troglodite herd. 'Please don't call us bad names, we have to say nice things because it's screamingly obvious they're a good team and well run franchise.' It's enough to make me vomit. I think I preferred Berger, Strachan and Cox. At least they had balls.

Sounds like the standard Berger fare. Trolling, click-bait and worn-out, tired tropes.

And, I mean, if you're going to hold up John Carlson as the "stud #1 defenseman" that teams have to have in order to win, you can't really turn that around as a shot against the Leafs. Because if you're going to lower the bar for "stud #1" enough that Carlson can hop over it, then it's pretty tough to argue that Morgan Rielly isn't a "stud #1" as well.

Yup and he never mentioned Reilly once.

@LeafsPR

The @MapleLeafs announced today that the hockey club has signed forward Semyon Der-Arguchintsev to a three-year entry level contract. #TMLtalk

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Because we don’t have to ride Matthews into injury to compete. We can play a little safer and still win games and go to the playoffs and compete.

They can’t. They need everything they can get out of Jack just to be able to put butts in the stands.

An extra 1-2 minutes will not ride him into injury.
There are plenty of layers playing more who never get injured. The Leafs best shot at a cup saw us riding Dougie into the grave. Burnsie knew how to do it.

Back