• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

I am saying this..... I don't think many of the players like or respect Babcock. Its cool to see more and more people on this board seeing his many inadequacies.

One thing really positive so far though, is the play of Matthews. He looks very intent on winning the scoring title this year.

Every coach has their quirks about them

Name me a coach around the league that doesnt have his favorite plug

The key is for Dubas to take his toys away from and give him no choice but to play talent

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Babs' favourite, Marinch is in tonight. A little surprised he didn't go with the rhd but the Babs love for Marinch is strong.

Dubas is the one who gave him Ennis and Lindholm.
Lindholm and Ennis are fine.

Maybe give Lindholm more than 20 minutes to adjust to the NHL before tossing him aside

Ennis will be demoted before long as well.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Jesus this forum, two games in and everyone is freaking out about the 4th line C, and the 6th/7th D. I get that you don't agree with Babcocks decisions but it's only 2 games give it some time.

Jesus this forum, two games in and everyone is freaking out about the 4th line C, and the 6th/7th D. I get that you don't agree with Babcocks decisions but it's only 2 games give it some time.

In fairness, I'm freaking out about the #1RHD and #1RW more than anything else.

If someone had told you in July that Tyler Ennis would have more 5 on 5 ice time after the 2nd game of the season, you would have assumed that Babcock lost his ****ing mind, or that Tavares was hurt.

Tyler Ennis is 3rd in 5 on 5 ice time after two games. Let that sink in before you chirp at people complaining about the anger level on the forum right now.

I was generally confused about how Babcock had used Hyman the last 2 years. I got it, but I just disagreed. But this isn't a "gud pro" digger here. This is a small, slow, former skill player who is well past his best before date, who is chained to Auston Matthews for some odd ****ing reason. While at the same time, Kappy has been brilliant in the first two games and is getting pure 4th line ice and usage. It's the dumbest coaching deployment I've seen in a long, long time.

Last edited:
In fairness, I'm freaking out about the #1RHD and #1RW more than anything else.

Fair to be concerned but it's a long season, Nylander will be signed and take Ennis' spot, and hopefully the D can be shaken up or Dermott steps up. The team is what it is right now, and it's a damn fun team to watch despite it's faults.

Fair to be concerned but it's a long season, Nylander will be signed and take Ennis' spot

Do we have any faith that the right roster decision will be made with Ennis though? He's been the worst Leaf forward by a fair margin so far. Are we sure he's going to be the 13th forward and not one of Leivo or Johnsson?

Do we have any faith that the right roster decision will be made with Ennis though? He's been the worst Leaf forward by a fair margin so far. Are we sure he's going to be the 13th forward and not one of Leivo or Johnsson?

No I expect Leivo to be benched again for no reason once Nylander is back. Which will be frustrating but we'll see what happens, won't know till it happens.

I'm not convinced engval wouldn't be a better fit than Ennis on the fourth line. But yeah let him get big minutes in the A for now.

Matthew, Marner and Kadri and Rielly...

Is there anyone else????

This Rielly is burning it up. When does that poor kid get a thread?

I mean Rielly is just burning it right up.... I mean torching it..

When does his contract come up? This guy just takes all the cash. He is just so epic when he skates around. Love him.

Callme crazy at times, but this Rielly, why doesn't he get any love? This guy just skates the shit out of the ice?

He is the 2018 Bobby Orr with no shot. Man if this poor kid had a shot, a la Bobby ACC would thunder him

So what does he do, he just outskates everyone.

Poor kid, shoulda got a big shot.

But you know what? Burke might end up being right. .. This crazy kid might end up being the best.

I really, really really like this kid. He is a great LEAF. When you talk about big three or four ,or five, consider him .

Damn if he just possessed a BOBBY ORR shot. We could stop talking about a lot of people.

Morgan Rielly folks, (HULLAVA) hockey player

Big reason we are not 0-3

Tavares should be captain, Morgan number two but what do I know?

John Tavares and Morgan Rielly. You know what> lot can come out of that. These two guys just rock.

Brian Burke wasn't wrong about this Rielly kid. Not wrong at all.

This kid is somethin.....

This Morgan Rielly, man, he is a real somthing...... Why doesn't this get discussed. Guy has grease for wheels.

Last edited:
Rielly is horribly underrated imo. Not here, but overall in the media and non-Leaf fans.
It is pretty amazing how often people in the media and in the hockey world will still have straight-faced discussions about how the Leafs don't have a #1 defenseman.

Maybe if Rielly puts up huge counting stats for the second year in a row, people will finally start to notice him. Or it might just take playoff success. John Carlson on Washington was certainly never considered a legit #1 defenseman before Washington finally won the Cup, and now he generally seems to be.

Yeah I mean, I don't question his defensive criticisms for a second really. He's not a great defender and likely never will be. But the man produces offense and drives offense like very few d in the NHL. It's hard to say that he's not a #1 for that very reason.

Only problem is when he's matched up against the bergchands of the world. Basically no d or team can stop them but there are d out there that I would trust more in at least limiting them. But how many d can do that AND drive offense at Morgan's level? Maybe two? Three tops?

I mean having JT and Auston on the same team is pretty stupid.

The 2nd PP unit needs some work but I imagine the addition of Willy will also make that unit dangerous.

Back