• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Olympic Hockey Thread

not happy with the coverage so far. What happened to 4 and 5 channels simultaneously covering? Now it's pretty much 2 channels playing the same thing.

not happy with the coverage so far. What happened to 4 and 5 channels simultaneously covering? Now it's pretty much 2 channels playing the same thing.

Yeah ... with everything being time delayed by at least a couple of hours, you'd think they could synch things up a lot better. NBC's online presence sort of sucks too ... no highlight packages on YouTube for example. They just seems to be settling for primetime ice skating and snowboarding for the most part.

Chip retweeted a post stating Russians are practicing with a line of Ovechkin-Malkin-Semin. That line might be good for a goal or two in the group round :eek6:

Chip retweeted a post stating Russians are practicing with a line of Ovechkin-Malkin-Semin. That line might be good for a goal or two in the group round :eek6:

Dear heavens. Semin might just have a field day cleaning up the leftover debris after those two bull their way into their normal number of shot attempts.

One thing you can count on in an Olympics featuring NHL players ... there are a LOT of monster lines out there. I like the balance that both the US and the Finns offer up, but the Canadians and Russians can throw some scary freaking combos out there. In waves. Not to even mention the kind of five man unit the Swedes can pull together. Time to bring your big boy boots if you want to make some noise.

Good luck for Semin....he goes from not being on the team to then being placed on top line with two of the best players in the world.

The Russians look good in goal and solid up front, but that defense looks leaky...Andrei Markov on defense on an Olympic sized rink will get exposed early and often...has anyone seen how slow he has become? The Russians may need to score a bundle to compensate for that average D.

Mens hockey today, several games are already over. Not sure if we are imposing 'no spoiler' rules for those who might be watching after the fact so I will refrain from posting the results of games already completed today.

If someone hasn't watched a game yet and doesn't want to know what happened and they open the "The Olympic Hockey Thread" they kinda deserve what they get... no?

If someone hasn't watched a game yet and doesn't want to know what happened and they open the "The Olympic Hockey Thread" they kinda deserve what they get... no?

:smilielol5: :deal:

I'm good with either way, but it's getting harder and harder in the social media / web 2.0 world to stay connected and yet protect yourself from spoilers, so yup, my recommendation to those wanting no spoilers is to close this and all other browser windows, turn off all radios and tv's, close your blinds and curtains, pick up an old book, and don't answer the phone or door. It's the only way to be sure.

That said, I missed the start of the CAN-NOR game at noon on USA Network, so I'm going to try to pick up the encore at 3:00pm on NBCSN, so.... I'm outta here! :seeya:

Last edited:
All I've found on TV is women's hockey, played to WNBA sized crowds. You'd think Russia could have bused in some "spectators" for these olympics.

Is there a good channel guide available for men's hockey?

Who gets executed if Slovenia had won this one?

Back