• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Updates and Rumours from around the League

I already see him all the time doing spots on Sportsnet in the off-season. He'll definitely become a talking head when he's done playing.

Arnt those jobs usually reserved for those that are not smart enough to get a job in coaching/mgmt ?

The first non-Leaf jersey I had in my closet was Ovechkin's ... it remains the only non-Leaf (and non- Canada) jersey I have in my closet.

And I got it at a really good deal too ... $45 ... can't beat that.

As for Subbaan ... is it just me or do I find him pretty annoying and ultra-cocky just from reading his interview?! I dunno man ... I can easily see how he'd rub some teammates off the wrong way.

I'm not singling you out cause I've seen other detractors say this but cocky is the one thing I don't see. The guy seems only too humble in every interview. It's always "so and so played great" or "the team did this." Even when asked about himself he deflects.

On the ice he plays on the "edge" and tries to get under the other team's skin... but I don't think he's cocky. He is extremely confident though. The guy wants the puck and he wants to make big plays.

I'm not singling you out cause I've seen other detractors say this but cocky is the one thing I don't see. The guy seems only too humble in every interview. It's always "so and so played great" or "the team did this." Even when asked about himself he deflects.

On the ice he plays on the "edge" and tries to get under the other team's skin... but I don't think he's cocky. He is extremely confident though. The guy wants the puck and he wants to make big plays.

What is the difference between cocky and extremely confident?

Gotta love the hatred that must be bubbling up in Subban for the Habs.

There's no way that relationship is destined to last long term.

Funny how they don't want to just sign him to an 8 by $8M as soon as possible...

We'll know in a day or two how accurate this is.

Truth is, right now we don't know what the dialogue between the two sides has been. It's likely been pretty standard stuff so far.... and I suspect we'll see an 8 year $8m+ deal signed within the next 40ish hours and all will be good.

If he signs anything less than 4 years or god forbid they go to arbitration I'll lose my shit.

What is the difference between cocky and extremely confident?

Perception.

By "extremely confident" I mean he wants the puck when he's on the ice... and when he's not on the ice he wants to be on the ice. To me "cocky" is to be conceited or arrogant. I guess to me cockiness is more of a verbal thing whereas I perceive his confidence is through his actions.

Stamkos = Lebron

:p

I wish.

STAMKOS-Markham-Waxers-3-portrait.jpg

Any player who gets a stanley cup with the leafs would be 1 a god 2. Never have to pay for a meal 3. Could advertise tampons if they so wish.
So if stamkos wanted to come here and pk did as well and they won. It would be the greatest thing ever.

Ps I'm a bit drunk

Back