• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

WHEN IS IT TIME FOR A COACHING CHANGE?

I just want to point out that I was ahead of the curve on this one.

http://www.forumice.com/showthread.php?61105-Mo-s-got-mo&p=2302014&viewfull=1#post2302014

How about someone with coaching experience?

If you want to keep it in the family, how about Scott Walker from Guelph? Mike Vellucci from Plymouth? Outside the family, how about Jeff Blashill, head coach of the Grand Rapids Griffins? Spent a year working for Babcock, won the Calder Cup last year and another 40 win season this year.

I can't imagine he's taking over as GM. Isn't that already Francis' job?

Velluci to Charlotte/Daniels to Raleigh/Muller back to Nashville? Nightmare scenario!

Meh ... I could clearly see Francis balking at the GM job for any number of reasons*. Based on what he's done before, I can all but guarantee that whomever Karmanos hires as GM will be somebody with whom he's had a long term relationship. Vellucci is a Compuware/Plymouth lifer ... just like JR and Mo were back in the day. He's always sort of veered towards GM duties and seemed to coach only relctantly. So if he's in line here, it's almost certainly for the GM job ... or as Francis' No 2.

Alternately ... sure. I could see him coaching here. I really don't think the organization seems all that thrilled with promoting Daniels.

* I've discussed at length how I don't feel like Francis will sign on to be GM if it means he's got to be Jimmy's puppet, or PK's puppet for that matter. Secondly, Ronnie hasn't said squadouche since he was heavily linked to the GM job. He might well not want the danged chair ... and frankly, I wouldn't blame him. There's a heck of a lot of work to do here and you've got an owner who thinks you need to "make a tweak here and there." Yeah. Smart people sometimes don't want to report directly to delusional people.

Meh ... I could clearly see Francis balking at the GM job for any number of reasons*. Based on what he's done before, I can all but guarantee that whomever Karmanos hires as GM will be somebody with whom he's had a long term relationship. Vellucci is a Compuware/Plymouth lifer ... just like JR and Mo were back in the day. He's always sort of veered towards GM duties and seemed to coach only relctantly. So if he's in line here, it's almost certainly for the GM job ... or as Francis' No 2.

Alternately ... sure. I could see him coaching here. I really don't think the organization seems all that thrilled with promoting Daniels.

* I've discussed at length how I don't feel like Francis will sign on to be GM if it means he's got to be Jimmy's puppet, or PK's puppet for that matter. Secondly, Ronnie hasn't said squadouche since he was heavily linked to the GM job. He might well not want the danged chair ... and frankly, I wouldn't blame him. There's a heck of a lot of work to do here and you've got an owner who thinks you need to "make a tweak here and there." Yeah. Smart people sometimes don't want to report directly to delusional people.

A tweet this morning indicated the Vellucci rumors are for him to be Asst. GM. Good call, JB

Back