• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The James Mirtle Mea Culpa Thread

Mirtles done a cute job of mentioning that we were "lucky" with injuries last season when he's discussed the "lucky" leafs recently.

His side of the argument clearly appears to be wrong about shot quality not meaning anything, but without competent depth at centre ice, his forecast about this team looks accurate. Though I'll reserve my plate of crow for when we're healthy and as bad as he predicted.

Probably a little early for this.

Worth mentioning also that he was really, really wrong about certain things surrounding his prediction - ie) Edmonton > Toronto, that our goaltending would be below .924, etc.

It's interesting what's happened so far this year, because it hasn't exactly gone how the advanced stats said it would.

The Leafs are still amongst the league leaders in the "luck" stats like SH%, SV%, and PDO. But they've actually become a worse possession team this year than they were last year instead. Meanwhile, the PP and PK have flipped spots, with a bad PP becoming great and a great PK becoming awful.

Good news is that we just got through the toughest stretch of our schedule - 7gms in 11 nights, including 3 different back to backs, against a very tough SOS and with multiple injuries and suspensions. Good reason to believe this is the low point of the season. We've had 9 back to backs in our first 36gms, and only have 6 left in our last 46. Going back a bit further, we've had 12gms in 20 nights - to contrast with that, we've only got 6gms in our next 17 nights and 7gms in our next 20. We don't play another elite team until we play Boston on Jan.14 - almost a month from now. Knock on wood we'll also be healthier and less suspended going forward.

But **** me we've really put ourselves in a spot now. Hopefully their confidence isn't totally shattered at this point.

Its the systems plus laziness that have done in this team over the past month or so. It just does not work. This team seems to be a bubble playoff team. Not where I saw this team at all when the season started.

Something has to give.

The team needs to be healthy in order to have secondary scoring. We miss Bozak more than most realize, as both a point producer and penalty-killer.

And the number of back-to-backs up to this point has been stupid... alomost as stupid as the number of Leafs suspended this season.

[video=youtube;banXT6azA-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=banXT6azA-4[/video]

God I loved that show.....used to be absolutely crushed at the end of every single episode though, as I never could understand why he couldn't just stay with that weeks family, haha.

God I loved that show.....used to be absolutely crushed at the end of every single episode though, as I never could understand why he couldn't just stay with that weeks family, haha.

you, me, and everybody else

I was the exact same. Was by far my favorite show as a kid.

I love all those old Canadian shows from the 80's. Especially the TV Ontario cartoons, and definitely that live action "Read All About It" which as a kid I thought was like the spookiest thing ever. The good old days.

I love all those old Canadian shows from the 80's. Especially the TV Ontario cartoons, and definitely that live action "Read All About It" which as a kid I thought was like the spookiest thing ever. The good old days.

Nice memory - totally remember watching those in school.

Back