• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT - Florida Retirement

Leafin'

Just looking for some input on anyone that has information on retirement in Florida. My grandparents are just about to set into retirement and might be looking at moving down south. Curious to see if anyone has any suggestions as to good areas in the Florida area. Been looking online to see some nice areas, but figure i could get some good info on here.

No idea what a good price range is for a moderate sized house in a decent enough area. Looking for a place with lower cost of living as well as decent housing prices. Maybe not Florida, but somewhere warmer. They will in all likelihood be living there for the winter and coming up to live with me in the summer time.

Low crime rate would be ideal.

Massively off topic, i apologize.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Not necessarily a good plan. Many move there without considering the fact that they're losing all forms of family support.

Make sure you look into the availability/qualification of homeowners insurance, it has been a purchase barrier in the past. Maybe just up and along the coasts. Add Arizona and New Mexico to the list, I've heard great things.

Back