• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Vanek Discussion

Habs53

Thats what it would take to keep Vanek here. We are the only team that can offer that. Worth it?

Re: 8 Mil... 8 Years

Thats what it would take to keep Vanek here. We are the only team that can offer that. Worth it?

Yes it's worth it. Sometimes in life you have to overpay to get what you need/want. I can't even imagine watching this team now sans Vanek. What a letdown that would be.

When we bought our house many years ago, we put in a bid above the asking price because there was another bidder on the home and we wanted this house.

Last edited:
Re: 8 Mil... 8 Years

They way he has fit in here is amazing... he is totally having fun. Even with the cap going up.. it would still almost cripple us

Re: 8 Mil/8 Years/Vanek Discussion

47654154_timmy_CrippleFight_400_answer_5_xlarge.jpeg

He is worth, and will get $7m, or north of that.

I would pay $8m, a mere $1m more for a player that has size, scores consistently and has shown that he already fits in. These type of players do not become available often, and we have an advantage by being able to often an additional year, need to close the deal.

I always thought the guy was quiet and reserved.. he appears to like the attention. Maybe a new Captain

TSN had an article about pending free agents and their intentions... Iginla, Miller, Vanek etc... Most are likely interested in staying with their current clubs, but Vanek's agent said the game plan is still free agency.

TSN had an article about pending free agents and their intentions... Iginla, Miller, Vanek etc... Most are likely interested in staying with their current clubs, but Vanek's agent said the game plan is still free agency.

he has only been here a short while... im not sure they really could say anything else. he wants top money.. and we can offer that

Vanek will make enough money to buy a nice second home in Montreal. This whole "I must live in Minny" stuff sounds way overblown.

he has only been here a short while... im not sure they really could say anything else. he wants top money.. and we can offer that

He was offered good money by the Isles, but he wants free agency.

Hab fan fear of the cap is ridiculous. Maybe it is just me but I prefer getting the player and then worrying about the cap later. We haven't had this dynamic a player with this much impact since Kovalev in the 2004 playoffs when he literally carried us to the 1-3 comeback.

Back