• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT Canes on Broadway 12/21 7:00 pm.

brassbonanza

Canes Moderator
Second of an old time holiday home and home. Semin off IR and in the line up. Go Canes.

Last edited:

I haven't seen the replays, and I don't know what any commentators have said about why the goal was waved off. At the arena, kinda looked like interference to me. Also kinda looked like his mask got knocked around a little in that mini-scrum at the side of the net during the play. But the back story on Cam and his mask is that Cam has been told by refs that if he is having a problem with his mask that he should shake the mask off and get a whistle. He's done that at least twice that I can remember when a strap came lose on the mask and nobody said it was the wrong thing to do. If he was having a mask issue and that's what he did, then he was just doing what the league, through the officials, has told him and I can hardly blame him for that.

Maybe the mask just came loose because he was standing on his head all night.

He took a puck to the mask that popped off one of the snaps on the back of his mask per the telecast. Mask was loose so he knocked it off. Cohen can take a heaping helping of STFU and go F himself with a goalie stick.

He took a puck to the mask that popped off one of the snaps on the back of his mask per the telecast. Mask was loose so he knocked it off.

Yeah, if that's the case, Cam did exactly what he should have done. No question. If King Henry did the same thing, I'm sure Ranger Nation would be singing the praises of his brilliant, heads-up play.

Canes got off their normal 4 shots in the first which means 12-16 shots in the second. King Henry will have a sore chest after the game.

A fan wrote in asking why Jay Harrison only netted a 6th round pick. Oh well. Let's see what happens tonight since I started watching after it was 1-0 and the canes were hemmed in for the last few minutes.

Recorded but only watched a few bits of this game. From what I could tell, we seemed to play better as the game went along, but much like last night, we couldn't generate any scoring chances. Poor Khudobin - he looked really good from what I saw. Again, I didn't watch that much of the game, but it appeared we played decent.

What is with our ability to NOT get scored on when we pull our goalie? Lately, we've avoided giving up the empty netter every time. In the past, it was almost guaranteed that our opponents would score after we pulled our goalie.

Recorded but only watched a few bits of this game. From what I could tell, we seemed to play better as the game went along, but much like last night, we couldn't generate any scoring chances. Poor Khudobin - he looked really good from what I saw. Again, I didn't watch that much of the game, but it appeared we played decent.

What is with our ability to NOT get scored on when we pull our goalie? Lately, we've avoided giving up the empty netter every time. In the past, it was almost guaranteed that our opponents would score after we pulled our goalie.

Poor Khudobin indeed. Plays very well yet again and they give him literally NO goal support at all.

And so we find a new way to lose a one goal game...give the back-up with the new contract extension a shutout.

We certainly seem to be good for things like that.

A graceful loss and Edmonton picked up a point.

Yes but Edmonton managed to blow a 5-2 lead in the process. :facepalm

Backup is Vezina winner tonight.

Cam Talbot is on a crazy roll. In his last 4 starts he has THREE shutouts. Those 4 starts are spread out over a period of about a month (which makes his shutouts even more impressive). Considering he had a GAA of 1.64 and a SV% of .941 in 21 games for the Rangers last year, Talbot is not the typical backup that shuts out the Canes. The Rangers already had the foresight to lock him up to a $1.45 million contract extension for next year. He now has 6 career shutouts in only 26 career NHL starts. This guy is good.

Last edited:
He took a puck to the mask that popped off one of the snaps on the back of his mask per the telecast. Mask was loose so he knocked it off. Cohen can take a heaping helping of STFU and go F himself with a goalie stick.

He was also just after having a Ranger player's ass literally in his face ... in the crease. So suck it, Rangers homer.

Did we even get a clear scoring chance last night? I sure didn't see one.

Heck ... they only generated about 4 in the game on Saturday, but managed to pot two of them. By my guess they had about 6 legit scoring chances in two games. The Rangers are a darned good defensive team, but that's ridiculous.

I keep wanting to feel good about being outscored by only 1 over two games, but it's just that the goalies kept it from being 10. It wasn't so much a lack of effort - I thought they were really trying - as that they weren't as strong, or as fast, or as skilled, and had no idea how to keep up. Oh well.

I suppose some comfort might could be drawn from the fact that we're still missing one of our biggest horses, Jordan Staal, and another top-sixer, Jiri Tlusty from the forward ranks.

Add continued near-invisible offensive performances by another couple of top-sixers, Eric Staal and Alex Semin, plus an inconsistent offensive performance so far for Skinner, and anemic scoring seems probable as we're now down to secondary scoring from the bottom six and the defense as pretty much our only source of goals, other than the Skinner/Rask/Lindholm line.

We need a trend toward the normal for shooting percentages for everyone.

Back