• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2015 NHL Dynasty Draft Discussion

soco22

Does this include tacking on points for not playing enough games?

And think jays first was only protected for top five? Unless he wins the lottery

JCY's 1st Round Pick: Very few options have been suggested. The pick was traded with "lottery protection", which at the time was Bottom 5, and is now Bottom 8. I think the best and really only viable option is one that was suggested previously. The pick will initially receive full lottery protection. If JCY's team finishes in the bottom 8, the pick has a shot at the lottery for him. If it wins, it wins. However, if it does not win, the pick will remain JCY's if it is a Top 5 pick. If it finishes from 6-8, it would be available for Soco to swap. Hopefully this solution covers all the bases, let me know if it does not?

Last edited:
Re: 2015-16 Forum Ice Dynasty League Entry Draft

I was under the impression that if I finished in the bottom 8 (which was my intention in the original deal to begin with), it would remain in my possession, with the pick being moved next year. I don't think that we ever definitively decided, but I could be wrong, as I don't recall a final decision being reached.

I'm curious about how we plan to fix the final points tally though, because I just blew past HP by a suspicious margin in the final points period to finish sixth, whereas previously I was very comfortably in fifth last place. That's important because it could mean the difference in me keeping this year's pick or not according to the above quotation.

Last edited:

I was under the impression that if I finished in the bottom 8 (which was my intention in the original deal to begin with), it would remain in my possession, with the pick being moved next year. I don't think that we ever definitively decided, but I could be wrong, as I don't recall a final decision being reached.

I'm curious about how we plan to fix the final points tally though, because I just blew past HP by a suspicious margin in the final points period to finish sixth, whereas previously I was very comfortably in fifth last place. That's important because it could mean the difference in me keeping this year's pick or not according to the above quotation.

don't worry he wasn't actually tanking this time, he just forgot to set his line up that week. for reals.

We should just top off all teams to the same GP totals. Then it doesn't matter that I forgot to switch Letang out in the final week.

And for the record. Jays also had injured players in his lineup for the final several weeks... and another manager had 2 AHLers in his lineup for like 6+ weeks to finish the season.

I wasn't posting or visiting Forum Ice at all for weeks on end, if not several months. Was busy in my personal life. You were actively trying to game the system.

Big difference there.

I wasn't posting or visiting Forum Ice at all for weeks on end, if not several months. Was busy in my personal life. You were actively trying to game the system.

Big difference there.

So I forgot to set my lineup in the final week and that's worse than you neglecting your team for months?

And you want my totals to be adjusted and not yours? My team exceeded the 70gp at every position and maxed out the goalie gp. I even had 8 more gp by skaters than your team.

I think being busy in one's personal life is a better excuse than intentionally trying to cheat and knowingly hurting one's team, yes. Especially given I added several veterans posting higher than 0.70 FP/G in the final two months to help my team, despite it no doubt hurting my draft position.

I also want everyone's totals to be adjusted for the sake of fairness, obviously. Let's not be disingenuous here.

This is the heart of the problem, though. Even if we assume people who neglect their teams for multiple weeks do so for totally legitimate person reasons, it still doesn't change the fact that it has the exact same end result as active tanking. Then there's the added issue that that person is often going to insist they were busy, not tanking. For the record I believe JCY here, but it's easy for someone to just say "I forgot" or "I was busy" - it's just totally unfair to all the other teams. As a result, we need to figure out how to treat both situations the same way.

I think being busy in one's personal life is a better excuse than intentionally trying to cheat and knowingly hurting one's team, yes. Especially given I added several veterans posting higher than 0.70 FP/G in the final two months to help my team, despite it no doubt hurting my draft position.

I also want everyone's totals to be adjusted for the sake of fairness, obviously. Let's not be disingenuous here.

It's your (and GH's) assertion that I intentionally "cheated" and it's your story that you were too busy to set up your lineup. All I can do is tell you that I forgot to set up my team in the final week. If you don't believe that... well... too bad. I could get into excuses but I don't think that would really do much to convince people who have their minds made up already.

This is the heart of the problem, though. Even if we assume people who neglect their teams for multiple weeks do so for totally legitimate person reasons, it still doesn't change the fact that it has the exact same end result as active tanking. Then there's the added issue that that person is often going to insist they were busy, not tanking. For the record I believe JCY here, but it's easy for someone to just say "I forgot" or "I was busy" - it's just totally unfair to all the other teams. As a result, we need to figure out how to treat both situations the same way.

Exactly.

I'd be all for just topping everyone off to the max games and see where they stand.

Exactly.

I'd be all for just topping everyone off to the max games and see where they stand.

Yeah, I agree with this as well. I've got no objections with that, I'm just curious what the final adjusted standings would look like. For all I know it could hurt me more than my current standing, but it's what's most equitable.

If everyone had maxed out every position at the same points per game they got in the games they did play...

The Real Standings

Mindzeye--------1527.09
Montana---------1495.93
timhorton -------1366.38
BG ----------------1357.62
Blueman---------1339.70
LM101------------1333.43
Axl-----------------1329.29
Artneses---------1326.10
volc---------------1314.72
TJF----------------1313.26
FERG-------------1297.18
zeke -------------1294.76
JCY---------------1293.31
soco -------------1289.48
HP----------------1276.69
GH----------------1257.86
Matrim-----------1240.33
kritter------------1194.33
Jonas-------------1144.51
Deckie------------1085.85

Last edited:
If everyone had maxed out every position at the same points per game they got in the games they did play...

The Real Standings

Mindzeye--------1527.09
Montana---------1495.93
timhorton-------1366.38
BG ----------------1357.62
Blueman---------1339.70
LM101------------1333.43
Axl-----------------1329.29
Artneses---------1326.10
volc---------------1314.72
TJF----------------1313.26
FERG-------------1297.18
zeke -------------1294.76
JCY---------------1293.31
soco-------------1289.48
HP----------------1276.69
GH----------------1257.86
Matrim-----------1240.33
kritter------------1194.33
Jonas-------------1144.51
Deckie------------1085.85

But didn't we already set up a different top up rule?

All I did was post a list of where everyone would have finished had they played all their games.

This is not the official top off standings.

Not done yet. Will try to get to it within the next couple of days.

Back