• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

FI Leafs Top Prospect Project - #1 Poll Thread

#1 Leaf Prospect

• Mitch Marner

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • William Nylander

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Kasperi Kapanen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
It's been suggested that discussion isn't really necessary on this one and I'm prone to agree.

I don't mean for this to come across as if I'm calling anyone out but I wonder if the person who picked Nylander could articulate why. I'd be genuinely interested to hear the reasons. Could be a good discussion sooner than I thought in this project.

I posted a great blog a few weeks ago comparing the two and asking this very question. If anyone can dig it up and repost it, it would probably be the most valuable material out there for the purposes of this particular comparison.

Is this a 'control test' just to see if polling works? lol

To rank these 3 players should be a no-brainer

Yeah, may as well start at 3. 1-2 are no brainers. 3 probably also is, though strong arguments could be made for Brown and Bracco.

Yes. I think Bracco ... might be a little too early to tell, but I find Brown a very intriguing case and is much more worthwhile for discussion. Don't wanna hijack your thread, but I can see how one can argue Brown is not an NHLer, while one can argue Brown is top 6 forward, and both would can be perfectly legit arguments.

I don't get how the OHL MVP and AHL leading rookie scorer doesn't project to be an NHLer.

He gets zero love and not sure why. He's excelled at every level.

Skating and size. Obviously production is important, but those are the reasons he doesn't get more love from the traditional scouting community.

Back