• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT - Let the season begin | Leafs vs. Habs 7:00PM EST SNET

number17

Mod Squad
How much 'pain' are we going to have this season? Let the new season begin with the biggest star this season behind the bench.

I don't have much expectation for the season, and I seriously look forward to the Marlies season a lot more. Nevertheless it is interesting to see how some players react and if they improve under Babs - in particular, Kadri, JVR, Gardiner and Rielly.

Lineup will probably look something like this ... ?

JVR - Kadri - Boyes
Lupul - Bozak - Mattias
Komarov - Holland - Parrenteau
Grabner - Arcobello - Spaling

Hunwick - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Rielly
Polak - Harrington / Maricin / Corrado

Bernier

Go Leafs Go!

Oh Harrington has been cut? I thought he survived the cut?

If that's the case then yeah, Maricin or Corrado ... probably Maricin.

I think they can still call Harrington back up, but I doubt they do with Maricin and Corrado. I think they go with Corrado being the right handed shot...

Actually looking forward to the season but for different reasons than usual. We appear to have a management team in place to build a winner, on top of that we will hopefully get some answers about certain players (Kadri, Gardiner etc).

Also I expect to see a few kids earn some time with the big club and a few fringe guys giving everything they have.

Also just to add to this... **** the Habs and **** montreal.

Last edited:
Apparently, Polak might actually be the guy who sits.

Yep. These were the lines from the last practice:

JVR-Kadri-Boyes
Matthias-Bozak-Lupul
Winnik-Spaling-Parenteau
Komarov-Arcobello/Holland-Grabner

Hunwick-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Harrington
Rielly-Marincin

Harrington could also be called back up today. They had to send him down to get under 23 before Horton could be placed on LTIR, so it may have been a paper move. Otherwise Polak/Corrado goes in there.

Apparently polak and Corrado are both getting extra work in right now. Meaning Harrington likely to be called up once panic clears waivers or is picked up on waivers.

According to Jonas Siegel, it's looking like Grabner will be out of the lineup and Arcobello will be staying in, so it looks like our forward lines are finalized.

As for the defense, I'd be surprised to see Corrado dropped right into the starting lineup. I'd think Babs would want to have him go through a bunch of practices first. And all indications yesterday was that Harrington being sent down was just a temporary paper move to make room on the roster. Once Panik is either claimed or passes through waivers, Harrington will probably be back up.

tankers-bring-the-pain-shirt.jpg

Least excited I've ever been for a season!!

I love that they're doing things the right way now, but it will make for some ugly, meaningless hockey for 82 games.

Only 9 months till the draft...

"@markhmasters: Based on who stayed out late at morning skate it appears Polak, Corrado and Grabner will sit tonight"

Not a good start for Grabner. But I suppose that shouldn't be surprising for a salary dump that's been pretty awful for a couple of years.

Apparently, Polak might actually be the guy who sits.

have never been less interested in a season (didn't even realize it started tonight), but if they keep making correct moves like this i might get interested again sooner than I thought.

replace Boyes, parenteau, Arcobello with nylander, brown, kapanen and we might have something worth watching at some point.

have never been less interested in a season (didn't even realize it started tonight), but if they keep making correct moves like this i might get interested again sooner than I thought.

replace Boyes, parenteau, Arcobello with nylander, brown, kapanen and we might have something worth watching at some point.
Might have to wait until next year, then. Or until the trade deadline has passed.

The "we need to replace these guys, with these guys" attitude is what's going to give Leafs fans heartburn this season. It's not happening this year.

At least we won't need to tank this time. Our presence at the bottom of the league by the end of the season won't be a slam on the team, for a change.

The "we need to replace these guys, with these guys" attitude is what's going to give Leafs fans heartburn this season. It's not happening this year.
Yep. I don't even really think we'll see the Nylanders, Browns & Kapanens of the world after the trade deadline either, even if they are lighting it up in the AHL. Like last year, when we trade away the rentals, we'll probably take back other teams' flotsam & jetsam as a value-add, and finish up the season with a roster populated by more Joakim Lindstroms & Zach Sills.

Back