• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #51: PIT @ TOR - PANAC ON HNIC

zeke

FavoriteSplendidIbizanhound-size_restricted.gif

This includes Malkin even though he's injured because....well, I'm more interested in seeing how we stack up against them with Malkin healthy.

51530747_10161369736790029_2854212708306255872_o.jpg

Even Strength last night

Rielly 19:19
Gardiner 15:31
Muzzin 14:59
Hainsey 13:59
Dermott 12:51
Zaitsev 12:14

Love seeing Mo get that icetime. If the muzzin trade finally makes Babs give Mo real #1D minutes, it's already a huge win no matter what Muzzin does.

But interesting - Zaitsev played the least at ES, by a good amount. Maybe Babs is figuring it out.

Yup. Always felt hainsey is a far better player than Zaitsev.

I just don't love hainsey playing more than dermy.
I think Hainsey and Zaitsev have totally different issues. Most of Hainsey's issue, imo, is his age. He just doesn't have the energy to play that kind of minute at that kind of level. His mistakes are not between the ears usually. His problems usually start with his legs, he keeps getting beat clean because of footspeed, especially later in the game. He is also limited in option with the puck because he doesn't have the speed to buy himself time and space to make plays.

Zaitsev, OTOH, is a great skater but truly lacking confidence to do anything useful with the puck. He is also dead scared of getting beat and gives up way too much ice, when he in fact has the speed to close the gap. His problems imo is 100% between the ears.

You dial Hainsey back in minutes, he may be a capable #5/#6.

Zaitsev, OTOH, needs a better coach who can instill confidence in him ... or a shrink or something.

Back