• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

The Rocket won 4-3 last night.

Grenier, Audette, Alain (first as a pro) and Chaput with the goals... Evans and Vejdemo each had an assist.

McNiven got yanked after allowing three goals on 17 shots; Lindgren came in to stop seven of seven.

Dude you’ve been more critical of him than positive including the post reply to Habspatrol where you’re questioning his potential to be a star by stating that there are a handful of rookies who have more points, you go on to say later that you believe Suzuki will be better than him, which may be the case, but you are one of the rare people to believe that, and you criticize him on his skating every chance you get.

For some reason you don’t seem to believe in this kid yet you constatly like proping up Galchenyuk who is not close to this kids potential

I don’t get you, show some enthusiasm like most are for this kid beacause its warranted

Chuck is a cautionary tale. Chuck was this good in his rookie year as well. The point is being a nice 50-60 point player is not enough. We need a legit star.

Dude you’ve been more critical of him than positive including the post reply to Habspatrol where you’re questioning his potential to be a star by stating that there are a handful of rookies who have more points, you go on to say later that you believe Suzuki will be better than him, which may be the case, but you are one of the rare people to believe that, and you criticize him on his skating every chance you get.

For some reason you don’t seem to believe in this kid yet you constatly like proping up Galchenyuk who is not close to this kids potential

I don’t get you, show some enthusiasm like most are for this kid beacause its warranted

Most of this is incorrect. You are creating something out of nothing here.

I have never said that JK won't be good or that he doesn't have great potential.

You don't need to be so defensive about him. He's gonna be good -- the question is how good.

Chuck is a cautionary tale. Chuck was this good in his rookie year as well. The point is being a nice 50-60 point player is not enough. We need a legit star.

Galchenyuk didn't even come close to this kids poise with the puck, composure and intelligence in seeing the game and the ice.

There's a reason this kid can be an NHL center at 18 and Galchenyuk couldn't.

Last year galchenyuk was making rookie mistakes on a consistent basis at the age of 23 because he is just not a smart hockey player.

People need to watch JK more closely each game if they can't see what I'm talking about and pay less attention to stats.

Galchenyuk didn't even come close to this kids poise with the puck, composure and intelligence in seeing the game and the ice.

Last year galchenyuk was making rookie mistakes on a consistent basis at the age of 23 because he is just not a smart hockey player.

People need to watch JK more closely each game if they can't see what I'm talking about and pay less attention to stats.
That is revisionist history. But you are right in saying they are different types of players.

Again, you don't need to so defensive about JK. We know that he is good.

You're just gonna have to accept that some people will question certain parts of his game (i.e skating). No one thinks he sucks.

That is revisionist history. But you are right in saying they are different types of players.

It's not really revisionist history, it's evaluation.

JK will be a better hockey player than Galchenyuk.

The Rocket won 4-3 last night.

Grenier, Audette, Alain (first as a pro) and Chaput with the goals... Evans and Vejdemo each had an assist.

McNiven got yanked after allowing three goals on 17 shots; Lindgren came in to stop seven of seven.

Audette finally got a point after 10 games and Scherbak has none in 4 games, dont know what's going on down there on the farm.

Olofsson is centering Sweden's top line with Lucas Elvenes (VGK) and Emil Bemstrom (CBJ) on the U20 Four Nations' team.

Anthony Marcotte
@anthonymarcotte
Jake Evans continue d'impressionner avec une autre excellente performance de deux buts. Pas seulement en offensive, il se débrouille aussi fort bien en missions défensives. Le Canadien a visiblement un bon jeune en développement à Laval. #AHL11

21:41 - 9 nov. 2018

Marc Dumont
[emoji818]
@MarcPDumont
Jake Evans had 1G 1A in his first 8 games.

4G and 3A since then.

Evans started the season as 4C and has worked himself into the 1C role....wonder if he’s potentially being slotted into Habs 4C role post Xmas should progression continue?

Anthony Marcotte
@anthonymarcotte
Jake Evans continue d'impressionner avec une autre excellente performance de deux buts. Pas seulement en offensive, il se débrouille aussi fort bien en missions défensives. Le Canadien a visiblement un bon jeune en développement à Laval. #AHL11

21:41 - 9 nov. 2018

Only question about Evans , does he have the "coup de patin" as they say in French for the NHL.

Back