• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

You're very edgy. That's a very edgy opinion. Have you considered writing a newsletter so the rest of the proletariat can rally around your views?
Like, I’m sure that Captain Edgelord would love it if Jesperi Kotkaniemi & Max Domi both had the power to just decide to leave the Habs this summer if they feel like it.

I mean, **** the owners he says, so **** Geoff Molson.

Marc Stein

@TheSteinLine

Quite an opening statement from the Mayor of Oklahoma City: "I suppose we all have to get used to the NBA reality that stars are free agents even when they’re not."

By the way, how was that even remotely a fair ask? How much better is George than Siakam going forward, not to mention plus all those picks and Fred?

And why would Kawhi even demand it? Did he need George to win in TO? Obviously not.

Again supports the conclusion that he only wanted to go to LAC. Face****s the Lakers because he had nothing better to do last week.

OKC was using us for leverage. Like someone said, it's not like Kawhi asked Masai to make a trade.

I’ve been thinking of this for a while. One way to solve this for teams. But the PA would never go for it.

UFA can sign 6 years with their own team
Or 3 years elsewhere.

If a player demands a trade their contract length of over 1 year gets cut in half and also takes a 25% paycut.

If a team trades a player without being asked they get a 25% raise (not against cap)

Yeah, the "LeGM" era of NBA basketball is getting old.

Worst of all, they are PlayStation GMs.

It's a helluva gig. No f ucks given about salary cap, emerging young talent or futures.

The Clippers had a lot to give Kawhi. He was like "nah, you gotta get me Paul George. Unless you wanna see LeBro and I make you irrelevant for the next 5 yrs"

Worst of all, they are PlayStation GMs.

It's a helluva gig. No f ucks given about salary cap, emerging young talent or futures.

The Clippers had a lot to give Kawhi. He was like "nah, you gotta get me Paul George. Unless you wanna see LeBro and I make you irrelevant for the next 5 yrs"

It is pretty funny that that had to have been the implicit threat, but in a bizarro world where the player uses the leverage to **** the Lakers instead of the Clippers.

Lakers are paying the price for their shambolic management. West and Rivers won the battle easily.

Last edited:
Some of those later picks are probably going to be pretty good picks

'22, '24, '26

Paul George has 2 years guaranteed on his deal, and as I noted in my rantings over the last 24 hours...as dope as Kawhi is, the dude is 28 with a chronic leg condition that nobody involved thinks is going to get better, it simply has to be managed. What's the plan if it gets worse? The Clippers could end up mediocre or bad in a couple of years and then they're in for years of pain with OKC basically owning their draft during a period they may be quite bad during.

Masai took a gamble on Kawhi, but nothing close to as risky as this. This is Jerry West saying "I'm 80, **** the future".

PlayStation GMs also don't need to worry about injuries.

What if Durant said yes to Kawhi?

'22, '24, '26

Paul George has 2 years guaranteed on his deal, and as I noted in my rantings over the last 24 hours...as dope as Kawhi is, the dude is 28 with a chronic leg condition that nobody involved thinks is going to get better, it simply has to be managed. What's the plan if it gets worse? The Clippers could end up mediocre or bad in a couple of years and then they're in for years of pain with OKC basically owning their draft during a period they may be quite bad during.

Masai took a gamble on Kawhi, but nothing close to as risky as this. This is Jerry West saying "I'm 80, **** the future".

Yup for sure.

It will be interesting to see kawhi next year. My basketball team have a group chat and a couple of my teammates are real interested to see how he does with load management. Or if he needs it. One of them think that kawhi was load managing his way to ensure he was healthy for free agency not the playoffs. But I truly believe he has some sort of chronic leg injury like you say and once he is over 30 that shit may be horrible

'22, '24, '26

yeah this is a good point.

If we had kept him, the injuries would definitely be a concern. That quad is degenerative and further compensation type injuries on his other leg seem reasonably likely.

Yup for sure.

It will be interesting to see kawhi next year. My basketball team have a group chat and a couple of my teammates are real interested to see how he does with load management. Or if he needs it. One of them think that kawhi was load managing his way to ensure he was healthy for free agency not the playoffs. But I truly believe he has some sort of chronic leg injury like you say and once he is over 30 that shit may be horrible

Yeah, it wasn't about free agency. The guy played heavy playoff minutes for a couple of weeks and it almost ended him, look at him walk around at the parade. He was playing on one leg for big chunks of the playoffs. As soon as he put legit workload onto it without "load management" he started having real problems with it.

Or it might get better in the near term. The report was tendinitis caused by compensating for the older quad injury. It’s possible it all gets sorted.

Or it might get better in the near term. The report was tendinitis caused by compensating for the older quad injury. It’s possible it all gets sorted.

I keep hearing the words "chronic" and "degenerative" thrown around when discussing Kawhi's leg.

Back