• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

NBA stars switch teams constantly. What's the big deal with Leonard doing it?

SAS is supposed to be different. SAS is the gold standard, where everyone checks their ego at the door and worships at the alter of Pop. There's a surprising amount of hate for "how" Kawhi did it last year with very few in the anti Kawhi camp even considering for a moment that the SAS medical staff was wrong in their assessment, and that the injured athlete was right.

There's just too many examples over the years of team's allowing (or coercing) players to take significant risk to themselves and their careers for the sake of short term gain. There's almost no examples of an elite level player saying "I'm hurt" to get out of playing basketball games.

Regular Season Stats:

61639838_10161800472590029_8350771262267588608_n.jpg

as you can see from the numbers there, there's a huge discrepancy between Klay's reputation and Klay's impact ratings. The impact ratings don't think he's very good at all, though the general consensus is that he's a stud. There's probably not a player in the league where there's such a huge discrepancy. The stats think he's a lethal 3pt shooter but nothing else.

In general, the big discrepancy in public opinion and the stats with these two teams is the evaluation of Lowry + Siakam vs Dray + Klay. Public opinion sees the warriors' pair as 2 hall of famers and the two raps as just above average players. The stats say something much different.

Playoffs Stats:

61509365_10161800498695029_7678901380601348096_n.jpg

Playoffs Kawhi is obviously a real thing, and you can see that in the numbers there.

Unfortunately, Playoffs Dray and Playoffs Iggy also seem to be a real thing, and are pretty studly themselves, especially defensively. Those are going to be the guys sicced unto Kawhi so it's gonna be tough sledding for him. Other guys will have to step up - particularly Siakam, now that there's no physical freak like Embiid or Giannis to get in his way.

Making things worse is that Danny has fallen off in a massive way these playoffs, and isn't doing anything close to what Iggy is doing. That cannot happen this series (or, at least, a guy like Fred has to continue to step up if Danny can't).

Interestly, Klay looks just as bad by the numbers in the playoffs as he does in the regular season, and he's still not matching Pascal even though Siakam hasn't been great.

Note that I stuck Looney in there instead of Cousins though it makes him look better than he actually is because his numbers come in limited bench minutes, not anything close to starting minutes. In terms of role, it would probably have made more sense to match up Iggy and Gasol as a pairing there, but I just left it position by position at the bottom erhe.

Skip's kawhi-hate is actually turning into something good now - he is now making sure that all the rest of the raps are getting their due credit for being way better than anyone gives them credit for.
Anyone remembers Peter Vecsey? I clearly remember the TV segment he said with force that VC wasn't going back to Toronto (with a little smile too). Of course, Vince resigned soon after.

Skip's tweet reminds me of that.

she thoroughly explained why that insta vid obviously didn't mean what people think it did. it was some dude at the party having fun trashtalking her and the raps fans messaging her.

Hear the rumours that lebron stayed at the same hotel as the raps when in Philly? He's trying so hard to get everybody. He's really tarnishing his legacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back