• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Does it matter? So many people are up in their feelings about all of this.

I mean, the city fell in love with him because he seems quiet and socially awkward. Now we're going to get offended by him because he seems quiet and socially awkward?

I completely understand the crankiness surrounding him working behind the scenes to recruit for LAC. That anger is pretty legit imo. Everything else though? Let it go. Banners are forever and the architect of the banner is still running the show.

I think the disappointment comes from dreaming about the possibility of a repeat and then having that dream snatched away.

Was a real fun ride, shame it had to end.

But realistically, the dude owes us nothing, and brought us a chip.

Sucks that he is gone, but yeah it doesn't take away the lifelong memories created this year.

Kawhi gave us everything he had this year, the Raps gave Kawhi everything they had. And it was perfect. He's a Rap for ever. His number will be retired. He's the best player in team history. 1 year, 5 years, whatever, you just have to enjoy that shit. We can't be Isles fans here.

Sucks that he is gone, but yeah it doesn't take away the lifelong memories created this year.

Kawhi gave us everything he had this year, the Raps gave Kawhi everything they had. And it was perfect. He's a Rap for ever. His number will be retired. He's the best player in team history. 1 year, 5 years, whatever, you just have to enjoy that shit. We can't be Isles fans here.

Does he get booed when the clippers visit town?

I think the disappointment comes from dreaming about the possibility of a repeat and then having that dream snatched away.

Was a real fun ride, shame it had to end.

But realistically, the dude owes us nothing, and brought us a chip.
Yeah, that's basically it.

Coming into the season, very few (if any of us) thought that Kawhi would be sticking around past this season, and probably all of us were of the mind that it was likely that simply getting to the finals and getting beaten by Golden State was this team's version of a championship, barring some very good luck.

But then, along the way, so many things that seemed impossible (especially for a bunch of Toronto sports fans) happened. Kawhi stayed as healthy and engaged as we needed him to be, and turned out to be every bit as good as we hoped. The Raptors overcame adversity over and over again and beat other very good teams. And the seemingly invincible Golden State dynasty came apart like a house of cards just in time for the best Raptors team of all time to face them in the finals and beat them.

After witnessing all that, it was a lot easier to forget about previous doubts, and dare to dream of a rosy future where Kawhi stays, and the fun we experienced last season got to continue for a least a couple more years. So it hurts all the more when that rug gets yanked out from under you a mere 22 days after we won, and now we quickly pivot to a rebuild/retool.

But none of that is Kawhi's fault. Ever since he demanded out of San Antonio, he made it clear he wanted to go home. And unless you want to count him holding up a finger for the crowd a the parade, he never led on Raptors fans as to what his intentions were. He just kept quiet and went to work, and in the end did what we all expected him to do in the first place.

Yep. Loved the title. Kawhi was great.

hated the painful and pointed reminder that we're second class citizens in this league and always will be.

for me, my bitterness stems from imagining what a prolonged period of contention would have looked like.

For me, it’s that I think we had two more titles in the ****ing bag if he stayed. But he was so desperate to leave...to the Clippers.

His shady recruiting process and toying with a few other franchises and teammates was a level of sketch that I frankly didn’t think this quiet innocent guy had in him.

Denver rescinds their QO to Trey Lyles (they just traded for Grant from the Thunder) making him a UFA.

Add another to the pile of interesting young bodies we should look to add. Shot 38% from 3 last season, but only 26% this year. Could turn into a solid stretch 4.

The title makes this much more painful. If we did not beat Philly and he left no surprise and no heartbreak. This makes it so tough.

I know folks are worried about sucking this year but 8 don't even care. Whatever gets us back there fastest is all that matters to me.

Back