• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs' Prospect/Marlies Discussion Thread!

Would be pretty sweet to finally develop our own stud goalie. We have another 2 years before Freddie's contract expires.

1-0 Marlies.

Timashov from Bracco and Sandin.

Sandin 8 points in 8 games in his 18 year old season in the AHL.

:eek6:

Edit: Checkers tie it. Hurricanes sent their NHLers down today and Haydn Fleury scores the goal.

Keefe keeps on rolling. Marlies win 1-0 over a team that had 19 more points than them in the regular season and just added three Carolina Hurricanes.

GWG scored by Marchment. Liljegren with an assist.

Insane how easy they make this look.

The Marlies are 8-0 this post season.
They have swept two teams on the way to the conference finals.
This is the fourth time an OHL or AHL team coached by Keefe has made it to at least the conference finals in 7 years.
Their PP is the best in the AHL playoffs - 40%.

Missed some of the Marlies game yesterday and they're replaying it...

- Marlies get a PP yesterday. Throw their stacked PP1 out there. They don't really generate much in the first minute.
- Checkers try to clear but instead throw the puck over the glass resulting in ~1 min of 5 on 3.
- Marlies score on the 5 on 3 with their PP1. Leave them out there, still on the PP.
- Only pulls them at about 15 seconds left when they appear to be a bit tired.

3 minutes of PP time for Moore, Timashov, Bracco, Mueller, Sandin, their four most productive forwards and most productive defenseman. Routinely plays his PP1 for as long as they don't appear to be gassed, usually for at least 1:45.

Hard to argue with a 40% PP. I dunno why we stack our PP1 and then pull Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Rielly, Kadri after 45 seconds - 1 min.

I think I’m alone here...

But 2-0 Marlies. Greening from Jooris.

As long as their PK and PP are this good and their goaltending keeps it up, there’s no reason they can’t win another championship.

It’s on Leafs TV. Great production value, definitely doesn’t look like it was shot on anyone’s iPhone. /sarcasm

3-0 now. Brooks.

Marlies win 4-3 in OT last night. Michael Carcone with 3 goals 1 assist including the OT winner.

I haven't watched much of the Marlies playoffs but every time I have Liljegren has stood out. Hes sooo good at moving the puck out of the D zone, he's also been very good at denying zone entries. He's making the team next year.

Unless they can pull off a comeback here in Game 6, the Marlies are on the verge of being eliminated in the ECF.

2-0 Checkers.

Back