• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

It's a remake with spot on cashing that actually makes sense.

And people love musicals even if they dont admit it.

I can honestly tell you I hate non-rock related musicals. Can’t stand them. I’ve walked out of theaters on them (into a different movie mind you, I mean I did pay and all).

I'm going to guess that you had a bad experience, where you were still whistling a showtune the next morning?

Lol. No. PTSD maybe?

I walked out of The Greatest Showman. I finished it when I was able to FF the musical parts.

Funny thing is I always have music on but don’t like musicals.

Yeah, I'm not a fan at all of musicals either, particularly in movie form.

Probably one of my worst movie-going experiences ever was when I suggested to a girl I'd just started seeing that we go see the movie "Chicago" in theatres, completely ignorant of the fact that it was a musical. Judging by the movie posters, I'd just figured that it was some cool gangster movie set in the 20's. And hey, Catherine Zeta-Jones was at her peak, and she was one of the stars.

As soon as the first song started, this was me:

JhmcW44.gif

...that was a loooong two hours. And it didn't even work out with that girl in the end.

Yeah, I'm not a fan at all of musicals either, particularly in movie form.

Probably one of my worst movie-going experiences ever was when I suggested to a girl I'd just started seeing that we go see the movie "Chicago" in theatres, completely ignorant of the fact that it was a musical. Judging by the movie posters, I'd just figured that it was some cool gangster movie set in the 20's. And hey, Catherine Zeta-Jones was at her peak, and she was one of the stars.

As soon as the first song started, this was me:

JhmcW44.gif

...that was a loooong two hours. And it didn't even work out with that girl in the end.

Same here.
I went to "The Greatest Showman" totally oblivious that it was a musical. Hated every second of it.

I stand corrected. I went to see The Book of Mormon and loved it. Exception that proves the rule for me though.

I stand corrected. I went to see The Book of Mormon and loved it. Exception that proves the rule for me though.

If you have the chance, also see kinky boots. My sister dragged me to see it and it won me over quickly. I'm not exactly the core demo for musicals either. I believe I wore a wu tang t-shirt under a blazer for that one.

I guess if you consider "Grease" a musical, then a lot of people would have to say they have enjoyed at least one musical in their life.

Back