• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Meh, she's a lovely person... and there's nothing wrong with her acting. She doesn't have a lot of range, but she's good at the role she plays.

I love big tits McGee.

BigDaddy_pic3.jpg

#NostalgiaBoner

The post-Nolan DC movies have all been cringe-worthy. Just the worst writing possible, terrible acting, and even the CGI looks like junk.

It's an embarrassment to the brand.
Wonder Woman was alright though I agree the rest have been junk.

A strange divergence between the DCAU and the DCEU.

People always get backlash from putting their family in their movies. Not sure Will Smith's career is the same since he tried to make his spoiled brat kids stars.

People always get backlash from putting their family in their movies. Not sure Will Smith's career is the same since he tried to make his spoiled brat kids stars.
Judd Apatow kind of deserves that backlash.

I'm still convinced that the entire reason he made the movie "Funny People" was to find a way to give his wife and his boring kids as much screen time as possible. Though I don't hate his wife (Leslie Mann) like Jonas apparently does. I don't think she has the acting chops to play a starring role in a movie, but she's a good supporting actor.

As for Will Smith...it is easy to forget what a mega-star he used to be. No doubt that it was pretty damaging to his career that he heavily leveraged his own star status to shower opportunity after opportunity on his weirdo kid who couldn't emote his way out of a wet paper bag.

I don't think it helps either that Smith and his wife turned into weirdo Scientologists-in-denial themselves.

The whole point of the movie was him ultimately getting back to her because he wanted to rekindle things. And then a lot of interesting stuff happened while they were there. They screw around, he gets into the fight with Seth, the husband surprises them. I thought the kids were pretty cute and funny too.

Apatow's biggest flaw is his inability to write a third act....all his flicks kinda land with a thud.

I agree Funny People is so good for the first three quarters it kinda overcomes that tho.

Apatow's biggest flaw is his inability to write a third act....all his flicks kinda land with a thud.

I agree Funny People is so good for the first three quarters it kinda overcomes that tho.

I should clarify, this is my position as well, first 3/4 are so good i can ignore the drudge of the last.

Same for Knocked Up.

Back