• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 47 | Devils vs. Canadiens | Jan. 14/13

Spider-Man NL

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

extralarge.png
VsPunch_zps26bb136a.gif
Mtlextralarge_zpsf545298b.png

2013-14 Regular Season Record:

large.png

19-18-10 : 48 Points
(5th Place in the Metropolitan Division)

Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

26-15-5 : 57 Points
(3rd Place in the Atlantic Division)

Projected Goalies For This Game Are:

Devils

BrodOldmaskDev.jpg

#30 Martin Brodeur
GPI: 25
Wins: 12
Loses: 9
OTL: 4
SO: 3
GAA: 2.39
Save%: .902

Montréal

PriceMask2013_zps68c89ab8.jpg

#31 Carey Price
GPI: 36
Wins: 21
Loses: 11
OTL: 4
SO: 2
GAA: 2.19
Save%: .928

Devils Player Roster
Link

Canadiens Player Roster
Link

canadiens_lines.jpg

forwards.gif

(48)Daniel Brière - (14)Tomas Plekanec - (21)Brian Gionta
(67)Max Pacioretty - (51)David Desharnais - (11)Brendan Gallagher
(49)Michael Bournival - (81)Lars Eller - (17)Rene Bourque
(32)Travis Moen - (8)Brandon Prust - (15)George Parros

defencemen.gif

(26)Josh Gorges - (76)P.K. Subban
(79)Andrei Markov - (61)Raphael Diaz
(74)Alexei Emelin - (6)Douglas Murray

goalies.gif

(31)Carey Price
(30)Peter Budaj

Meetings This Season:

Dec. 2nd, 2013:
large.png
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

Dec. 4th, 2013:
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png
large.png
3 (SO)

Former Canadiens Now Playing For The Devils

(8)Dainius Zubrus
(17)Michael Ryder

Former Devils Now Playing For The Canadiens

(21)Brian Gionta

Jesus_Price_zpsf4133448.jpg

Prust8Nj_zps83e79916.jpg

GalchenyukBournivalNj_zpsb9d11053.jpg

This game can be seen live at 7:30 pm eastern on;
RDSHD.gif
TSN-HD.gif
&
MSGPlus.jpg

Listen to the game live at 7:30 pm on TSN Radio 690 AM
TSN_Radio_Montreal_LIVE_430x100_v01.jpg

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013020700

Is this the last game in Montreal for Devils' Brodeur?

By Arpon Basu

DEVILS (19-18-10) at CANADIENS (26-15-5)

TV: RDS, MSG PLUS, TSN-HABS

Last 10: New Jersey 4-3-3; Montreal 5-3-2

Season series: This is the third of three games between the Montreal Canadiens and New Jersey Devils this season. The Canadiens won the first two games between the teams by sweeping a home and home series, winning 3-2 at home Dec. 2 and 4-3 in a shootout in Newark on Dec. 4.

Big story: With this being the final regular season Devils game in Montreal in 2013-14, the possibility that it will also be New Jersey goaltender Martin Brodeur's final game in his home town exists. Brodeur, 41, recently entertained the possibility that though his heart may want him to play another season, his body may force him not to.

Brodeur will not make that decision until after the season, but for now he has a game to play in a building that has been very kind to him. In 30 career starts at Bell Centre, Brodeur has a 19-9-1 record with a 1.66 goals-against average and .939 save percentage.

This will be Brodeur's first start in a week after Cory Schneider started three games in a row, and he says he will probably take some time to appreciate the experience a little more, knowing it could be his final game in Montreal.

"I think you kind of enjoy a little more some of the visits you make because you know you're not going to play forever," Brodeur said after practice in Montreal on Monday, according to The (Bergen) Record. "So, sometimes you catch yourself looking up and being in the moment and really enjoying what's going on at the time."

Team scope:

Devils: New Jersey has not lost in regulation in its past four games (2-0-2), but offense continues to be a major problem for coach Peter DeBoer's club. Over their past 10 games the Devils have scored more than two goals once, and that came in a 5-3 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks on Jan. 3.

What has kept the Devils above water over that stretch, as is often the case for this franchise, has been defense and goaltending. Over those same 10 games the Devils allowed more than two goals in regulation time twice, and both games were against the high-scoring Blackhawks.

Schneider was outstanding in goal in starting the past three games in a row, allowing four goals on 81 shots for a .951 save percentage, but the Devils have made life difficult for opposing teams in their own end. Over their past seven games, they've allowed 30 shots on goal once, and their 25 shots against per game this season is the fewest in the NHL.

Canadiens: Canadiens coach Michel Therrien is not one to mess with a winning formula, so it's no surprise he won’t be touching his lineup coming off the biggest win of the season for his team. So the line of Tomas Plekanec, Travis Moen and Brian Gionta that was built to shut down the Blackhawks line of Jonathan Toews, Marian Hossa and Patrick Sharp in Montreal's 2-1 overtime win on Saturday will remain intact, and will likely have a heavy dose of New Jersey's top line of Travis Zajac, Jaromir Jagr and Dainius Zubrus.

The Plekanec line had 16 shots on goal, with Plekanec getting 11 by himself, playing almost exclusively against the Toews line, but Moen says that those hefty shot totals were a result of the line's play at the other end of the ice.

"We learned a lot about ourselves in that last game, the defense-first mentality," Moen said. "If you play strong in your own end, you're going to get chances in their end."

Who's hot: For the Devils, right wing Michael Ryder has four goals in his past five games, and defenseman Marek Zidlicky has six points in his past six games. … For the Canadiens, defenseman Andrei Markov scored both goals against the Blackhawks, snapping a nine-game goal drought. Goaltender Carey Price, who will start against New Jersey, has allowed one goal in each of his past two starts, both wins.

Injury report: The Devils are missing left wing Patrik Elias (upper body), right wing Damien Brunner (knee), center Jacob Josefson (illness) and defenseman Peter Harrold (foot). … The Canadiens are missing defenseman Davis Drewiske (shoulder), forward Alex Galchenyuk (hand) and forward Ryan White (upper body).

Just out of curiosity, do you guys know of a place to stream the games? Being a poor college student means no cable for me and the only games I've been able to watch are the ones on CBC.

RDS is only 6.99 a month, but you have to have cable to go along with it, which could run upwards 150.00 month (including internet).

I think that's what he meant by not being able to afford it.

Yeah, I'm currently living in residence and my money is better spent elsewhere(unfortunately lol).

And wow, you pay 6.99 for RDS? Back home we were paying 1.99 a month.

Yeah, I'm currently living in residence and my money is better spent elsewhere(unfortunately lol).

I believe $6.99 is for the internet streams from RDS.

Honestly man - Cable is general is a waste of money and TV for the most part is stupid. Best to avoid cable if can forever. It's a waste.

I think one od the 1%ers on here should help Habs_Lifer and pay for his cable and RDS. It's a small thing for a fellow Habs fan.

Back