• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

TRADE: Habs acquire Dale Weise from Canucks for Raphael Diaz

Re: Bergevin's BIG Deal: Dias for Weise..

that piece of shit hasn't scored in forever out here, way to go Bergie

Canadiens acquire forward Dale Weise from Vancouver in return for Raphael Diaz
Monday, 03.02.2014 / 12:25 PM / News
Montreal Canadiens

PRESS RELEASE

MONTRÉAL – Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin announced Monday the acquisition of right winger Dale Weise from the Vancouver Canucks, in return for defenseman Raphael Diaz.

“A young veteran with 162 games of experience at the NHL level, Dale Weise is a winger with a physical style of play who brings additional toughness and grit to our group of forwards,” said Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin.

Weise, 25, has collected 12 points (3 goals, 9 assists) in 44 games since the beginning of the 2013-14 season. One of his goals was scored on the powerplay. The 6’02’’, 210 lbs. forward has recorded 42 penalty minutes and 65 hits, while maintaining a 7:45 ice time per game. He has registered 26 points (10 goals, 16 assists) and 185 penalty minutes in 162 NHL career games with the New York Rangers and the Canucks.

Weise, who hails from Winnipeg, was the Rangers’ fourth round selection, 111th overall, at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. A graduate of the WHL’s Swift Current Broncos, Weise recorded 111 points (51 goals, 60 assists) in 173 regular-season contests in the juniors from 2005 to 2008.

Signed as a free agent on May 13, 2011, Diaz registered 11 helpers in 46 games this season. He has blocked 100 shots and averaged 18:53 ice time per game.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=703480&navid=DL|MTL|home

There is your big move gentlemen.

Yep, huge move. So that is all a puck moving defenseman is worth? WTF are you doing Dudley. I guess Diaz really missed Weber.

Re: Bergevin's BIG Deal: Diaz for Weise..

This org's pro-scouting abilities are mind numbing to say the least!

I've never even heard of this sieve.

So a team in dire need of scoring goes out and gets a grinder to play a system that this team's top 6 is not built for?

#mismanaged

I somehow imagined a team like Detroit would take Diaz....surprised to see Vancouver trade for him

It's a decent move, at least one where we get an NHL body that this club lacks in spades, let's give it a chance to see what Weise can do.

Yep, huge move. So that is all a puck moving defenseman is worth? WTF are you doing Dudley. I guess Diaz really missed Weber.

what did you expect for a healthy scratch?

I will wait until this off-season to analyze Bergevin's job as GM......

Right now, i'm so pissed off at Molson....this is all his doing....he truly handicapped this team big time. First by letting go Pierre Boivin, and second by appointing a puppet GM.

It's a decent move, at least one where we get an NHL body that this club lacks in spade, let's give it a chance to see what Weise can do.

that is the weird thing

people want us to get something for the UFA vets.... this is what we can expect

you are not getting a star or even potential star for a bottom pairing dman

Back