• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 10 : Montréal vs. Calgary : Oct. 28th, 2014

Krustchev

There's a rumor/rumour (for my ultra-nationalist Canadian friends here) floating around that the Canadiens are playing in Calgary tonight. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:
Re: GDT - Habs at Flames

the good news is they should be well rested for tonight

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

Mtlextralarge_zpsf545298b.png
VS2_zps5e9e1f25.gif
extralarge.png

2014-15 Regular Season Record:

Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

7-2-0 : 14 Points
(1st Place in the Atlantic Division)

large.png

5-4-1 : 11 Points
(3rd Place in the Pacific Division)

Projected Goalies For This Game Are:

Montréal

PriceMask_zpse40bd7dd.jpg

#31 Carey price
GPI: 7
Wins: 6
Loses: 1
OTL: 0
SO: 0
GAA: 2.67
Save%: .913

Calgary

HillerCgyMask_zpsd86c4566.jpg

#1 Jonas Hiller
GPI: 5
Wins: 3
Loses: 2
OTL: 0
SO: 1
GAA: 1.78
Save%: .948

Canadiens Player Roster
Link

Flames Player Roster
Link

canadiens_lines.jpg

forwards.gif

(67)Max Pacioretty - (51)David Desharnais - (11)Brendan Gallagher
(27)Alex Galchenyuk - (14)Tomas Plekanec - (15)P.A. Parenteau
(17)Rene Bourque - (81)Lars Eller - (22)Dale Weise
(32)Travis Moen - (20)Manny Malhotra - (8)Brandon Prust

defencemen.gif

(74)Alexei Emelin - (76)P.K. Subban
(79)Andrei Markov - (77)Tom Gilbert
(24)Jarred Tinordi - (43)Mike Weaver

goalies.gif

(31)Carey Price
(35)Dustin Tokarski

Meetings Last Season:

Oct. 9th, 2013:
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png
large.png

Feb. 4th, 2014:
large.png
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

Former Flames Now Playing For The Canadiens

(8) Brandon Prust
(17)Rene Bourque

Former Canadiens Now Playing For The Flames

(33)Raphael Diaz

flames-b_37849_zps4c9e94c2.jpg

EllerBourqueCgy_zps604ab196.jpg

Price31Cgy_zpsa2d67b60.jpg

This game can be seen live at 9:00 pm eastern on;
2RDS_zps2b4d8d81.gif
SnetNew.gif
&
City_zps07c8e95e.gif

Listen to the game live at 9:00 pm on TSN Radio 690 AM
TSN_Radio_Montreal_LIVE_430x100_v01.jpg

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2014020134

Flames get Jones back vs. Canadiens, lose Raymond

CANADIENS (7-2-0) at FLAMES (5-4-1)

TV: RDS2, CITYM, SNF

CALGARY -- The Calgary Flames will welcome one familiar face back to the lineup when hosting the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday, but will see another ushered off to injured reserve.

Forward David Jones, who has missed eight games, is set to return while forward Mason Raymond will miss his first due to a shoulder injury when the Flames host Montreal at Scotiabank Saddledome.

"Any time you get hurt is tough," Jones said. "The most important thing is that you stay positive. The toughest part is just being away from the team. You play this game to play the games, not to practice. That's the toughest thing for me, being away from the guys and coming in early and getting treatment. It's hockey. These things happen. You've just got to stay positive."

Jones managed just 48 games a season ago with an excess of injuries ranging from an upper-body ailment to an eye infection before a shoulder injury forced him to miss the final 21 games.

His run of bad luck has continued into the 2014-15 season after sustaining a lower-body injury in his first and just Calgary's second game.

"At the end of the day, it's an injury," Jones said. "I get to play hockey. I get to come be in the NHL every day. There are a lot of people a lot worse off than I am. You just have to look at the bright side. As much as it's tough, it's only eight games and I'm back at it now. I feel healthy now and that's the main thing."

Flames coach Bob Hartley is curious to see how Jones responds as he returns against the Canadiens.

"He didn't play a lot of hockey since training camp, so we'll put him there," Hartley said. "[Jones] is a big body, can bang and crash, can go at the net and has a good shot. We'll get him in there, shake off a little rust and try to get him involved as much as we can."

Jones is healthy. Raymond isn't, and will miss his first game after being listed by Calgary as week-to-week.

"Tough news but there's nothing we can do about this," Hartley said. "Our medical staff will work with him and we'll get him back. Mason was really growing around the team. He was a big part of the team, but it's going to give some extra roles, extra opportunities to other players to step up. Every team goes through those sequences."

Here are the projected lineups:

CANADIENS

Max Pacioretty – David Desharnais – Brendan Gallagher

Alex Galchenyuk – Tomas Plekanec – Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau

Rene Bourque – Lars Eller – Dale Weise

Brandon Prust – Manny Malhotra – Travis Moen

Alexei Emelin – P.K. Subban

Andrei Markov – Tom Gilbert

Jarred Tinordi – Mike Weaver

Carey Price

Dustin Tokarski

Scratched: Michael Bournival, Jiri Sekac, Nathan Beaulieu

Injured: None

FLAMES

Jiri Hudler - Sean Monahan - Joe Colborne

Johnny Gaudreau - Mikael Backlund - Paul Byron

Curtis Glencross - Matt Stajan - David Jones

Brandon Bollig - Lance Bouma - Josh Jooris

Mark Giordano - TJ Brodie

Kris Russell - Dennis Wideman

Ladislav Smid - Deryk Engelland

Jonas Hiller

Karri Ramo

Scratched: Brian McGrattan, Raphael Diaz, Devin Setoguchi

Injured: Sam Bennett (shoulder surgery) Mason Raymond (shoulder)

Status report: After Tokarski played in Montreal's 3-0 loss to the Edmonton Oilers on Monday, Price is expected to start against the Flames in the second of back-to-back games for the Canadiens. … Backlund (maintenance) and Byron (illness) missed practice with the Flames on Monday but both are expected to play against Montreal. The Flames assigned Corey Potter to Adirondack of the American Hockey League after he cleared waivers Tuesday.

Who's hot: Price has won each of his past four starts and has only given up four goals in his past three games. … Wideman has scored in four straight games for the Flames and could tie their franchise record for consecutive games with a goal by a defenseman. Russell has assists in four straight games, all coming on goals from Wideman. Hiller has stopped 99 of 101 shots over his past three games, all wins.

Re: GDT - Habs at Flames

I didn't see this thread so I went ahead and made one....the mods can delete mine if they want :)

Michael Bournival, Jiri Sekac, Nathan Beaulieu should all be in the lineup tonight. Disappoint that none are.

I do not see this game listed on any of the channels here. There is base ball on rds and sens on the other. City has no games and sportsnet has baseball. tons of channels and no game lol

Back