• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Four Muskateers: Weaver, Allen, Gilbert and Gonchar

Krustchev

I'm a big MB fan but is this D for real? Come on, Marc, you can, and should, do better than this. And the 40 year old, Gonchar, is the best of this group. Yikes.

MB fooked it up . Gonchar is actually ok and with limited minutes can be useful .You can say same for Gilbert .I like Weaver 's heart and determination but the guy is done and Allen well i don't know how he was playing 17-18 minutes with a team like Ducks !

This team still missing someone to play with Emelin as top 4 !

Should have just kept Gorges even though he makes a lot for a shot blocker. he can still do more than Weaver, et al.

The problem is that MB's sweet accounting moves have impacted the roster. You don't need to play the cap friendly recycled junk.

Subban
Markov
Emelin
Beaulieu
Gonchar
Gilbert

Weaver spot starter
Allen on waivers (Bourque with a different name and one less contract year)

Welcome to the party Krust. Habsy and I have been saying that for weeks while others claimed you can never have enough depth on D.

No issues with Gonchar and I don't mind Gilbert. Weaver has been pretty bad lately and Allen should be in the minors. Tinordi and Beaulieu are not worst than those guys.

MB fooked it up . Gonchar is actually ok and with limited minutes can be useful .You can say same for Gilbert .I like Weaver 's heart and determination but the guy is done and Allen well i don't know how he was playing 17-18 minutes with a team like Ducks !

MB did all that for extra 1 M$ that Gorges was earning and as i said fooked it up !

Gotta think MB would never had taken the opportunity to address cap by making these moves, had the team not banked pts early in the season. Allen & Gonchar were calculated moves IMO. For all we know, it may be a simple matter of giving a vet like Allen a chance (5-10 games) to prove himself before waiving him - optics on the org. Gonchar's been ok. Gilbert looks like he was a Plan B knee jerk to not landing Franson (per rumor).

I'm more concerned about Emelin in a top-3 Dman role - specifically his lack of footspeed.

I have a feeling Allen will be on waiver and Weaver will be extra D and Habs call one of two young boys . Most likely Tinordi .

Gotta think MB would never had taken the opportunity to address cap by making these moves, had the team not banked pts early in the season. Allen & Gonchar were calculated moves IMO. For all we know, it may be a simple matter of giving a vet like Allen a chance (5-10 games) to prove himself before waiving him - optics on the org. Gonchar's been ok. Gilbert looks like he was a Plan B knee jerk to not landing Franson (per rumor).

I'm more concerned about Emelin in a top-3 Dman role - specifically his lack of footspeed.
Emelin has been ok since about a month . Can't complain about him . Obviously the gap between our first pairing and second is huge because we have two defenders in top 10-15 of NHL .

MB did all that for extra 1 M$ that Gorges was earning and as i said fooked it up !
Moving Gorges wasn't just about saving 1M $ this season, it was also about the next three years, plus trying to balance the lefty overload situation.

Trading Gorges was fine but replacing him with Gilbert wasn't. I don't understand Bergevin's fascination with old crappy dmen but he is the GM so he obviously knows more than anyone on this board.

they're all stopgaps, finding one #3 d-man is a lot harder than finding 20 #6 guys.

The problem is that MB's sweet accounting moves have impacted the roster. You don't need to play the cap friendly recycled junk.

Subban
Markov
Emelin
Beaulieu
Gonchar
Gilbert

Weaver spot starter
Allen on waivers (Bourque with a different name and one less contract year)

Yep, then you have Allen in Hamilton as a #8/9 guy if we run into injuries. He may be crap, but if you have enough injuries we may be happy to have him.

Welcome to the party Krust. Habsy and I have been saying that for weeks while others claimed you can never have enough depth on D.

The depth IS great... it's just too bad that the Dolt can't figure out which order to rank them and who to sit.

Back