• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

Stamkos. The 25 year old elite free agent. In a perfect world you don't want to pay for regression years.

Stamkos was never a UFA. Had he been... he'd have been better than JT. As it stands... the best I can think of is Hossa. If JT becomes a UFA he'll be the best ever... certainly the best of the cap era.

Even with some expected regression, he will still be a 1C.

Most true 1C maintains a very high level of play even in their 30s.

Hell Giroux and Kopitar just had career years.

And Tavares isn't a guy that relies on speed to be effective. He's like Jumbo Joe in that respect... could be elite for another 5-10 years.

Stamkos was never a UFA. Had he been... he'd have been better than JT. As it stands... the best I can think of is Hossa. If JT becomes a UFA he'll be the best ever... certainly the best of the cap era.

Chara?

And Tavares isn't a guy that relies on speed to be effective. He's like Jumbo Joe in that respect... could be elite for another 5-10 years.

He won't be elite when he is 37/38. Mark my words.

Will likely regress around 30/31.

Maybe it's not too late to sign Lecavalier.

Or Briere.

If he regresses like Patty Bergeron, Joe Thornton and even Kopitar, then I'm all for regression....

I know given you work in the public sector where no one really cares about the bottom line, that you do not think about profits etc.

However, in the real world, going the way you, predatorfan and Geeman want, aka scorched earth, no one decent left, trade for nothing but picks and prospects, lose for 3-4 years so that maybe by 2023 we can make the post season and be a contender by 2025, does not sit well in corporate offices which saw tickets not used, concessions not making as much etc.

The fact Molson said he is not raising ticket prices this year and is not going to charge season ticket holders to print their tickets etc this year shows there was some bad feedback which could have long term effects.

Ultimately, it is a business and corporation set up to make as much $$ as it can. If it wins a Cup, great, more $$

I know given you work in the public sector where no one really cares about the bottom line, that you do not think about profits etc.

However, in the real world, going the way you, predatorfan and Geeman want, aka scorched earth, no one decent left, trade for nothing but picks and prospects, lose for 3-4 years so that maybe by 2023 we can make the post season and be a contender by 2025, does not sit well in corporate offices which saw tickets not used, concessions not making as much etc.

The fact Molson said he is not raising ticket prices this year and is not going to charge season ticket holders to print their tickets etc this year shows there was some bad feedback which could have long term effects.

Ultimately, it is a business and corporation set up to make as much $$ as it can. If it wins a Cup, great, more $$
I disagree.

I watch every game to see how many people are in the stands, and how much beer and overpriced hot dogs they are buying. I cheer for every jersey sold by the team. And at the end of the day, I hope against hope that the team wins the ultimate prize, the biggest profit of any team.

A damn shame the leafs have been winning that contest for decades, but soon, I think we will stand a chance.

Fake news.

I don't want a "scorched earth" at all. I want the Habs to be good. A 2-3 rebuild (with high draft picks) will do.

Please don't make shit up in a public forum. It's a huge piss off.

You have no skin in the game. I personally don't care if the team loses 20 million, I don't have to cough up for losses. However, I also understand that those who do have to meet payroll consider money in.

You're going crazy. You don't have "skin in the game" either. You're just a fan like the rest of us.

You've gone bananas.

Fake news.

I don't want a "scorched earth" at all. I want the Habs to be good. A 2-3 rebuild (with high draft picks) will do.

Not making anything up. 2-3 years of bad takes us to 2021, two years later playoffs...

A regressed JT will still be better than any centre we've had in two decades.

Fake news.

We've tanked 2 of the last 3 seasons. We're doing it. We will still need a 1C going forward and since we never seem to draft one, we need to acquire it by other means.

We've tanked 2 of the last 3 seasons. We're doing it. We will still need a 1C going forward and since we never seem to draft one, we need to acquire it by other means.

I don't consider getting the 9th overall pick and trading it as "tanking."

The Habs have been trying to win and failing since 1993.

You have no skin in the game. I personally don't care if the team loses 20 million, I don't have to cough up for losses. However, I also understand that those who do have to meet payroll consider money in.

It's amusing, because when they try to be good, but have missed the playoffs 2 out of 3 years and have 3 home playoff dates to show for it, again, while not trying to tank intentionally, they lose that money regardless.

You always make it sound like if they try to avoid rebuilding and still suck habs fans will still magically pony up money for a flawed team run by two morons.

Back