• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

The rumours seem to be accurate in that his fitness level is not where it should be.

I read an article that he is not playing at his ideal weight.

They wont have PK and Josi making 18 plus mil on that blueline

I think it has more to do with PK than the money.

They could easily decide to move Ellis who makes 6.5 mil/season and get significant savings there.

I just think people especially around here are not going to admit that Poile may want to move him for some of the same reasons MB wanted to move him.

I think it has more to do with PK than the money.

They could easily decide to move Ellis who makes 6.5 mil/season and get significant savings there.

I just think people especially around here are not going to admit that Poile may want to move him for some of the same reasons MB wanted to move him.

I agree that plays a role into a possible trade . Poile has to decide how to navigate this team whose window is over .

Start unloading to soften the decline or go the Kings route and run it to the ground with bad contracts .

He has done a great job of not handing out trade clauses .

Unless they move Weber or Petry, you couldn't fit him even if you wanted to. If Karlsson was a LHD, though, that would be a lot more interesting.

But even then, his injury history scares the shit out of me.

If Erik Karlsson was making the same money as PK Subban and had the same term to his contract, which one would you guys prefer to take on your team starting next season ?

If EK wants to come here, are we seriously gonna pass on this.

Even if we overpay ? It's not every day that top UFA want to come to MTL (or Canada....outside of Tavares)

If Erik Karlsson was making the same money as PK Subban and had the same term to his contract, which one would you guys prefer to take on your team starting next season ?

Karlsson hands down.

Karlsson's offensive upside is far greater even if he's not 100%

But karlsson will be looking at 10 to 10.5 per season.

Even if we overpay ? It's not every day that top UFA want to come to MTL (or Canada....outside of Tavares)

The mentality should always be to get talent when an opportunity arises.

If Karlsson is willing to listen and by miracle decides to come here an opportunity opens up to move Petry who apparently has very good value.

Agreed - give EK 7-yrs / $70M with $50M in bonus payments over first 2-3 years, and deal Petry for that LD, pick + NHL ready prospect - whatever best deal to be had, which I suspect will be quite a few.

Yes you pass on the injury prone player......he will never be the EK of years ago

That's what you pay for ....not a shell of his former self

He was terrible in the playoffs .

You guys are seriously going to go 7 years with EK . We shit on bad contracts all the time and you want to walk into a mess like this.

I'm not interested in committing 10M+ per season on Karlsson. If it was the Norris form Karlsson then sure, not the recent version. He's still good, but he's not franchise good.

I think we’ve seen the best of EK. He’s not getting better, or at least more dynamic, as a player. In fact I think it’s the opposite.

Unfortunately, we're not in 2016 anymore. That Erik Karlsson is long gone.

Best of luck to whoever signs him.

Back