• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2018-19 Regular Season

At the beginning of the season, I figured Drouin would be the whipping boy but he is playing well so now it appears the sites are set on 20

He’s developed great chemistry with Domi. I would like to see a third high end forward on ghat line.

You don’t think they’ll use him at center?

Domi
Kotkaniemi
Suzuki
Danault

Strong down the middle.

I think Suzuki will be on the wing.

Maybe we'll see Poehling in the other centre spot.

I forgot about Poehling. All of a sudden we have a glut of potential centers and no LD.

Domi wasn’t expected to be good at center so here we are. If he keeps it up?

Domi
KK
Danault
Poehling

Moving forward?

I think Suzuki will be on the wing.

Maybe we'll see Poehling in the other centre spot.

Yup, I think in order to exploit hi sfull scoring ability he needs to be on the wing.

I forgot about Poehling. All of a sudden we have a glut of potential centers and no LD.

Domi wasn’t expected to be good at center so here we are. If he keeps it up?

Domi
KK
Danault
Poehling

Moving forward?

There’s also Jacob Olofsson who seems to have potential to slod into a 3rd line center.

Still not sure what Poehling has as a ceiling

You don’t think they’ll use him at center?

Domi
Kotkaniemi
Suzuki
Danault

Strong down the middle.

I feel that Suzuki has the highest upside of them all. He was such a good pickup.

If Suzuki is a C and if they resign Domi when he comes an expensive Free Agent, I see it this way in 3 or 4 years:

Suzuki
Kotkaniemi
Domi
Poehling

Add one more high draft pick and we are in business. At that point you can start to look at big priced FA's to add to the roster.

Last edited:

Juulsen is back – the Habs have placed Xavier Ouellet on waivers today.

Habs News & Notes: 2018-19 Regular Season

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, so I'll share it here.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sour...DhAR&usg=AOvVaw1TIbNVQeqZrokHvcrps1g8&ampcf=1

Habs are worth 1.3 billion dollars US. Molson bought the team for 575 million Canadian. The team is worth 1.7 billion dollars Canadian.

Foe all of those worried about Molsons pocketbook.

We do not know if the consortium continued to borrow against the equity in the team. Is there anywhere we can find current liabilities/debt load?

Habs News & Notes: 2018-19 Regular Season

It’s also Forbes’ projection of valuation not an assessment what the local market will bear.

I’m sure if Leafs were to go on the market, actual sell price would be considerably north of Forbes’ estimation - not sure a buyer would cough up $1.7B for Habs

I would but my granddaughter needs braces so I can’t.

It’s also Forbes’ projection of valuation not an assessment what the local market will bear.

I’m sure if Leafs were to go on the market, actual sell price would be considerably north of Forbes’ estimation - not sure a buyer would cough up $1.7B for Habs

Nah. They always go for higher than listed.

Back