• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2018-19 Regular Season

I don't mind that deal. $1.4m for Weal is final. He's a good 3rd/4th liner with possibly a little untapped potential. And there's really no risk.

I know there's no risk with the Thompson deal... but it's Nate Thompson. Why?

I don't mind that deal. $1.4m for Weal is final. He's a good 3rd/4th liner with possibly a little untapped potential. And there's really no risk.

I think they were tired of incompetence on the fourth line and kept both .

It may seem like a meh move but they bring some value.

With an offensively challenged team like us having DLo and Chaput getting mashed every night and coughing up goals was unacceptable

Happy with Weal. I'm also fine with Folin. But I'm with you on Nate Thompson. I don't mind the depth and the lack of risk, but is it really the best we can do?

I suppose it might be a case of the Devil you know...

Nate was good down the stretch. Coaches like their safety blankets, that is what he is. Julien trusts him in pressure situations at the end of games.

Or maybe Thompson, at his age, is willing to be a Black Ace. He might be an asset in the room.

I like the deals so far, i am willing to watch another year with Weal, Thompson, and Folin.. Thompson can shelter Poehling .. now move on to the bigger needs..

I like Weal, and will stomach Nate if it is followed by a signing or trade and Hudon, Peca and maybe DLO are gone.

We have like 15 or 16 fwds under contract...I’m worried MB is happy with that group and doesn’t address top 6.

Or maybe Thompson, at his age, is willing to be a Black Ace. He might be an asset in the room.

I think this is the reason why. Seems like he’s a good leader and good in the room. Important to have those guys when you have a young team

The Habs have signed 22-year-old defenceman Otto Leskinen to a two-year entry-level contract.

Left shot, listed at 5'11, 187... 31 points in 57 games for KalPa last season.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/...rms-with-defenseman-otto-leskinen/c-307260450

_____

Jokke Nevalainen:
One of the best Euro free agents this summer, 22-year-old defenseman Otto Leskinen has signed with the Canadiens. He needs more development time but has potential to be a good puck-moving defenseman.

The Habs have signed 22-year-old defenceman Otto Leskinen to a two-year entry-level contract.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/...rms-with-defenseman-otto-leskinen/c-307260450

_____

Jokke Nevalainen:
One of the best Euro free agents this summer, 22-year-old defenseman Otto Leskinen has signed with the Canadiens. He needs more development time but has potential to be a good puck-moving defenseman.

He might beat Mete to their first goal

_____

Jokke Nevalainen:

That's a big statement to say he's one of the best Euro free agents.

Was most of the league after him?

A free asset. Expect nothing and who knows, maybe he plays a game or two...

Back