• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: WWE/MMA/Boxing Thread

LOL Paulie.

He thought this was a boxing match. Dummy. This is a bunch of hillbillies begging for blood. Yeah, you out pointed Lobov, but they're not looking for a boxing match here son, they're looking for a fight. You showed up to box, not stand in front of Lobov and turn each other into meat.

I missed it...the Francis fight was the only interesting one, but I figured he was roll over JDS and it appears he did.

Good looking card tonight

Jones vs Santos

I want to believe. I really want to believe that a guy willing to put himself in harms way repeatedly to put himself in the position to make souls leave bodies with one shot can catch Jones slipping. What's more likely is that Jones does his typical dirty shite of looking for knee hyper extensions with that front kick or trying to ruin Santos' shoulder every time they clinch until Jones can wear him down and out wrestle him, finishing with G&P or a sub. But I really want to believe.

Nunes vs Holm

Why are we doing this again? Nunes should...should merk Holm. Holm has the tools, but she seems to not like standing and trading with those skills. Nunes is too crisp, too much power.

Masvidal vs Askren

Well ****. This should be interesting. There really only seems to be two ways this ends. Masvidal hitting Askren with a whole bunch of 3pc with a soda combos, or Askren dragging Jorge to the ground and finding a way to finish him there. Which of course means that either Askren will knock him out standing, or Masvidal will catch him in a triangle or something

Blachowicz vs Rockhold

Welcome to light heavy Luke. If you can't beat Jan, it's time to put in your resume with One or Bellator

Sanchez vs Chiesa

Chiesa should have the advantage here. Bigger, 6 yrs younger and Sanchez was been basically a journeyman for the last 8-9 years. After the ridiculous fight he had with Guida, he's basically been a .500 fighter.

File this under: I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

But Brazilian chicks in MMA tend to have big traps for some reason. I don't know if they train different, different diet, genetics or different...uhh..supplementation

20130714084938_claudia_gadelha.JPG

Cris-Cyborg-8-696x399.png

Jessica-Andrade-ufc-getty.jpg

Nunes is the only one I can think of that has "normal" looking shoulders for a woman.

Even some of the bigger, more muscular female fighters from the US just don't have that shoulder build the Brazilian women have.

Good looking card tonight

Jones vs Santos

I want to believe. I really want to believe that a guy willing to put himself in harms way repeatedly to put himself in the position to make souls leave bodies with one shot can catch Jones slipping. What's more likely is that Jones does his typical dirty shite of looking for knee hyper extensions with that front kick or trying to ruin Santos' shoulder every time they clinch until Jones can wear him down and out wrestle him, finishing with G&P or a sub. But I really want to believe.

Nunes vs Holm

Why are we doing this again? Nunes should...should merk Holm. Holm has the tools, but she seems to not like standing and trading with those skills. Nunes is too crisp, too much power.

Masvidal vs Askren

Well ****. This should be interesting. There really only seems to be two ways this ends. Masvidal hitting Askren with a whole bunch of 3pc with a soda combos, or Askren dragging Jorge to the ground and finding a way to finish him there. Which of course means that either Askren will knock him out standing, or Masvidal will catch him in a triangle or something

Blachowicz vs Rockhold

Welcome to light heavy Luke. If you can't beat Jan, it's time to put in your resume with One or Bellator

Sanchez vs Chiesa

Chiesa should have the advantage here. Bigger, 6 yrs younger and Sanchez was been basically a journeyman for the last 8-9 years. After the ridiculous fight he had with Guida, he's basically been a .500 fighter.

Any links again? :D

Had Santos too, but wasn’t decisive enough in that last round. Always have a feeling that u need to dominate a bit more to take out a champ vs other fights.

JJ was saved by the blown knee

I had Santos winning 1 & 5 with Jones winning 3 & 4.

It really depends who you gave round 2 to, imo.

I was edging towards Santos, but I don't know if it's my disdain for Jon Jones or if I'm being objective about it.

I don't have any issue with the decision.

Back