• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: WWE/MMA/Boxing Thread

LOL. Always been a fan of Joanna. She had a good run of dominance.

But yea Rose was fantastic tonight. Great fight for her. Shes got a great attitude. I wonder whats next for her.

Probably Andrade

Khabib didn't have a great performance. He got exposed near the end. If Conor or Tony could survive those first 2 rounds i think they could bang up Khabib.

I don't think Khabib got exposed at all. Even on the feet, he smacked up Al pretty well. He didn't look pretty or fluid doing it, but he smashed Al pretty well with that jab in 4 & 5.

I don't think Conor is able to get up like Al did from the takedowns, he's actually pretty easy to hold down once you get him there. Tony is a different animal though and could piece Khabib up from his back.

People who think Khabib should have finished Al are sleeping on Al imo. Dude was ranked 10th due to politics, not skills.

Al was wins against Lee, Masvidal, Diego Sanchez, Lauzon, Pearson the last few years. He has a hell of a resume for an 10th ranked fighter.

There's a pretty good argument for having Al ahead of Chiesa, Lee, Pettis...****, what has Poirier done to deserve that #6 ranking? Who has Gaethje beaten to sit 4th?

Last edited:
Pretty awesome card tonight:

- Yoel got ****ing robbed on the scorecards after an awesome fight. I can see the argument for Whitaker winning three rounds (though Romero rocked him also in 3 rounds). But I see absolutely zero arguments for at least one of those rounds not being scored 10-8. If we're going with the "Romero only one 4 & 5" theory...okay cool, but he almost finished Whitaker in both rounds and destroyed him in both rounds. Credit to Whitaker though, he ate some ****ing shots in those rounds. Romero got jobbed front to back in this one, screwed by the commission on his weight cut leading to the fight being non title, and then humped on the scorecards tonight. ****ing guy is an animal.

- Colby Covington is now officially food for Woodley, after a pretty strong showing against RDA who just didn't have enough power to keep Covington's wrestling off of him. Woodley is one of the best game planners in MMA with legit launching pad power and Covington's style is forward pressure until you break. Styles make fights and Covington coming forward at Woodley is asking to get slept

- Overeem is done, and if he isn't, he should be. Blaydes almost ****ing murdered him. Stunned him with strikes, took him down and laid some ugly ground and pound elbows on him

- Arlovski also looked like a shadow of his former self in a closeish lost to a 12th ranked chubby guy.

- The CM Punk era is thankfully over. With a shitty journeyman getting the decision on him, and sending him to the hospital after the fight.

Oh, and front/side kicks below the thigh should be an illegal strike. I know Yoel did it to Whitaker in the last fight, but Whitaker must have tried to repay the favour and put Yoel on the operating table two dozen times tonight. This little "check" kick is nothing but intent to damage the knee.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not surprised Whitaker won. But that's more due to the flawed judging system. He definitely won three rounds, but Romero nearly killed him. Card was good fun, even with no finishes.

Yeah I'm not surprised Whitaker won. But that's more due to the flawed judging system. He definitely won three rounds, but Romero nearly killed him. Card was good fun, even with no finishes.

Nah, it's not the system anymore. The system was recently changed to give way more flexibility in awarding a 10-8 round and the suggestion to judges is that proper dominance in a round absolutely should be 10-8 as it's way more important to have that type of round than it is to control a round from the centre of the ring with a jab and a successful take down or similar tactics.

It's that the judges themselves are horrific. The new judging rules absolutely favoured the type of fight that Romero had. Get jabbed in the face a check kicked in the knee for 3 rounds, but explode and almost kill Whitaker in the other 2, with Whitaker providing no resistance and barely surviving. Under the new system, Romero wins that fight 47-46.

I'm also not convinced, that the UFC isn't protecting in-prime championship level fighters on the scorecards. I find that close fights almost never go in the favour of the older fighters when he's facing a young fighter the UFC is actively trying to push. The Till/Wonderboy decision might, might have been the right decision but the scorecards were a terrible joke. 49-46 for Till on 2 of them? Get the **** out of here. Throw in stunts like pushing Covington up the rankings (and into a made up title fight ffs) without having to really face anyone that was a tough style matchup for him (until RDA potentially, full points for winning the RDA fight though, but he got to vault over Usman & Lawler why exactly?...oh yeah, guys with power who are a bad match up style wise for Colby and it's about PPV buys now)

There's a lot about the sport that is starting to smell corrupt and arbitrary.

Last edited:
UFC signed Greg Hardy to a development deal.

Dana is hoping that he can have a big draw at HW once again

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1006725630078136321?s=19

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

29 yr old monster who seems to have the tools? Yeah, sign me up. This isn't a CM Punk situation where the guy is 37-38 years old and already broken down by injury.

Just don't rush him. He's going to need a bunch of fights after UFC roster unranked HW's before you can put him inside the cage with someone decent and expect a win.

Sucks to lose the Ortega-Halloway fight, but still looks like the best card of the year. Stipe or Cormier? The Black Beast vs Ngannou looks like fun as well.

Last edited:
As for my picks

Stipe-DC
Stipe 3rd round KO.

So uhhh...DC weighs 4 more pounds than Stipe for this fight? Jesus ****. I really think DC's cardio is going to be compromised carrying 40 pounds more than he carried recently for the Volkan beat down. I don't think DC has the power to trouble Stipe and while I think his wrestling will play a major part in the first 2 rounds, Stipe is a good wrestler his damn self and has legit 1 shot knock out power at heavyweight. I don't think DC has seen someone who can throw accurate thunder like that other than Jones, and even Jones at 205 doesn't hit like Stipe.

Francis-Lewis
I don't even know man...but it's going to be a ****ing knock out. Let's say Lewis, 2nd round, on ground and pound.
Ngannou is down 10 pounds from his Stipe fight so I think we're going to see a better gas tank this time around. Lewis is a much better rounded fighter. He should be able to box with Francis, and is much better on the ground. Francis has that god of thunder level power in his hands though and you never know when he's going to connect with one of those half upper cuts he throws. Where this gets interesting for me is in two places. First is that Lewis usually, usually walks in with a 20+ pound size advantage and a pretty solid physical strength advantage and I don't think that's the case here. He's got 10 pounds on Francis, but I don't think he's the stronger of the two. Second is that where Lewis tends to do most of his damage is on somewhat wild standing exchanges. The same type that Francis turned Overeem's head into a satelite during, the same type that plays really well into Francis' striking tendency (he really does throw way too many of those half hook, half upper cuts)

Felder-Perry
Perry KO
I don't even think he's going to do it, but I'll pick it because his pre fight interview was that entertaining and he's lost a few fights in a row. I really don't want to see this lunatic on the fringes of getting cut from the roster.

Chiesa-Pettis
Chiesa decision or Chiesa RNC
When was the last time Pettis beat anyone who wasn't a tomato can? He's lost to the who's who of the division in fairness to him, but I think Chiesa is about to join that group. With that said, I don't think Chiesa can hang with Pettis while standing, this one has to go to the ground as much as possible. Pettis has pretty meh takedown defence, so I could see this happening.

Gokhan-Roundtree
Gokhan decision
I don't know if a dude with Roundtree's level of experience can run with a GOAT level kickboxer like Gokhan Saki. Roundtree is jacked, explosive and fairly talented. Legit sleepy time power in his left hand but Gokhan Saki has been been fighting high level kickboxing for over a decade. Multiple time world champion, K1 champion, etc. I don't know if Roundtree can show him anything he can't deal with.

As for my picks

Stipe-DC
Stipe 3rd round KO.

So uhhh...DC weighs 4 more pounds than Stipe for this fight? Jesus ****. I really think DC's cardio is going to be compromised carrying 40 pounds more than he carried recently for the Volkan beat down. I don't think DC has the power to trouble Stipe and while I think his wrestling will play a major part in the first 2 rounds, Stipe is a good wrestler his damn self and has legit 1 shot knock out power at heavyweight. I don't think DC has seen someone who can throw accurate thunder like that other than Jones, and even Jones at 205 doesn't hit like Stipe.

Francis-Lewis
I don't even know man...but it's going to be a ****ing knock out. Let's say Lewis, 2nd round, on ground and pound.
Ngannou is down 10 pounds from his Stipe fight so I think we're going to see a better gas tank this time around. Lewis is a much better rounded fighter. He should be able to box with Francis, and is much better on the ground. Francis has that god of thunder level power in his hands though and you never know when he's going to connect with one of those half upper cuts he throws. Where this gets interesting for me is in two places. First is that Lewis usually, usually walks in with a 20+ pound size advantage and a pretty solid physical strength advantage and I don't think that's the case here. He's got 10 pounds on Francis, but I don't think he's the stronger of the two. Second is that where Lewis tends to do most of his damage is on somewhat wild standing exchanges. The same type that Francis turned Overeem's head into a satelite during, the same type that plays really well into Francis' striking tendency (he really does throw way too many of those half hook, half upper cuts)

Felder-Perry
Perry KO
I don't even think he's going to do it, but I'll pick it because his pre fight interview was that entertaining and he's lost a few fights in a row. I really don't want to see this lunatic on the fringes of getting cut from the roster.

Chiesa-Pettis
Chiesa decision or Chiesa RNC
When was the last time Pettis beat anyone who wasn't a tomato can? He's lost to the who's who of the division in fairness to him, but I think Chiesa is about to join that group. With that said, I don't think Chiesa can hang with Pettis while standing, this one has to go to the ground as much as possible. Pettis has pretty meh takedown defence, so I could see this happening.

Gokhan-Roundtree
Gokhan decision
I don't know if a dude with Roundtree's level of experience can run with a GOAT level kickboxer like Gokhan Saki. Roundtree is jacked, explosive and fairly talented. Legit sleepy time power in his left hand but Gokhan Saki has been been fighting high level kickboxing for over a decade. Multiple time world champion, K1 champion, etc. I don't know if Roundtree can show him anything he can't deal with.

I'm gonna go DC decision and Lewis 1st round KO. I'm not as informed on the other guys but I feel like Pettis isn't really good anymore....at least not in comparison to the rest of the division.

yeah that was a fun fight, eyepokes notwithstanding

Costa is scary and this is a division without a whole ton of quality in the middle of the top 10. Tavares just got punked by Adesanya, Costa just wrecked Hall. Jacare, Branch, & Brunson are old and meh. Gastelum can bang though, he's probably the gatekeeper right now and the next fight for either Costa or Adesanya. Weidman probably gets the next shot at Whitaker.

well you were right about the sleepy time power

Dom said something right after the KO that should be a disclaimer every time anyone with 1 punch power is in the octagon. With those 4 ounce gloves, anything can happen, it just takes one clean shot. 100% Saki has been hit by bigger shots before, but with those big pillows on. 4 ounce gloves are no ****ing joke.

LOL

0-2

Old Pettis looked like the old Pettis. Great tactical shift in just ignoring takedown defence (which he was never good at) and focused on striking and submitting from his back. It's his game.

Back