• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Thread of Game of Thrones (spoilers inside)

There's a story in the trades today that they're shopping themselves to the media giants for a massive overall deal.

I actually can kinda get that this was an exhausting decade-long undertaking, but I can't really forgive the senseless notion to do fewer episodes and just rush to a conclusion. I'm surprised HBO even allowed it.

alll those comments, by both the cast and writers, could be just as easily cast as them knowing that they're going to kill off all the favorite heros and not give the fans a happy ending.

bagdad-bob.jpg

Yeah, this is setting up to be the most backlash any series will have ever gotten because it's not just the final episode, but the final season (or two).

gotta admit that i was a bit pissed that i got a sudbury alert.

once i realized it was a toronto alert, i was ok. especially since it worked.

Yeah, this is setting up to be the most backlash any series will have ever gotten because it's not just the final episode, but the final season (or two).

Yeah, to go from such highs in the earlier season, to having a long delay before the last season, to screw it up, it all combines. Like, I bet if they waited another 6 months but gave an extra 4 episodes that gave enough time to flesh out the storylines, people would have been happier.

I only started watching a couple years ago, and didn't finish S7 until S8 started airing, so I don't think I've been as jaded as many others who had to suffer through the long wait. Episodes 2 and 5 this year have been pretty solid, although E2 feels worse since we thought everyone was going to die in E3.

Shame though, they set this season up reasonably well in the first 2 episodes.

Once the long night hit though, it was over.

They rushed it so much, they literally left a Starbucks cup in a scene undetected by the production staff, cameramen, directors, and editors.

That said, I'm still looking forward to how this all wraps up - even if it's disappointing at least it'll be over and begin to fade from memory.

Anyone else excited for the HBO Deadwood movie? May 31!

Funny to see it rushed when they waited 2 years for the final season.

Needed all that CGI I guess.

They rushed it so much, they literally left a Starbucks cup in a scene undetected by the production staff, cameramen, directors, and editors.

That said, I'm still looking forward to how this all wraps up - even if it's disappointing at least it'll be over and begin to fade from memory.

Anyone else excited for the HBO Deadwood movie? May 31!

Jamies's right hand when he hugs Cersei in the red keep isn't gold.

Like, simple shit.

the coffee cup
sure that is one example

a promo still..... nah

jon's rubber sword
the power charger of stannis
the opening credit errors (that people at the time thought was some clue to how things would go down)

lots of things to pick a part from this season but picking on the marketing team ... nah

Back