• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Thread of Game of Thrones (spoilers inside)

worm

boring GoT episode

thought for sure we were going to see inside the Tower of Joy
- but my guess is they need to set up why that is important

Re: OT: Movies/TV Shows

This season of GOT is frustrating. Was expecting a nice big scene at the Small Council...nope, literally just a fart joke and then people grabbing their balls and going home.

This season of GOT is frustrating. Was expecting a nice big scene at the Small Council...nope, literally just a fart joke and then people grabbing their balls and going home.
GoT has always been like this - setup setup setup
loved the first two episodes though

Let's be honest.. it's been dragging since the beginning of last season.

...and is it just me or has there been a noticeable change in dialogue? I realize that they are in some cases no longer taking dialogue from the printed page - but the dialogue seems much more modern.

I didn't like the first two episodes, but I thought this week's was really strong. Lots of compelling stuff, and was on edge in several scenes.

I do notice a change in dialogue too. Some lame lines, some modernized stuff. That scene where Tyrion left the dragons and told Varys to punch him in the face the next time he has an idea like that, was pretty...ugh. There have been others like that too. Definitely seeing a change with Martin's words not there to use as a crutch.

More Bran time travelling please

And you all know that the minute you complain about the show dragging along they are going to blow you out of the water

Let's be honest.. it's been dragging since the beginning of last season.

...and is it just me or has there been a noticeable change in dialogue? I realize that they are in some cases no longer taking dialogue from the printed page - but the dialogue seems much more modern.

also when the books started dragging

Really? I thought this season has been great, and far better than last season.

I think last season was really dragging cause they were on the verge of surpassing the books, so they were hesitating on what to do.

This season because they have clearly surpassed the books already they are literally writing their own plots and I like it a lot better. The first 3 episodes (esp. the first 2) already covered so much grounds right off the bat.

Yeah, seriously.

I can't fathom how they think Dany getting kidnapped and going far off into Dothrakiland is interesting. It literally has nothing to do with the rest of the story and represents almost a full reset on her journey, back to square one. Couldn't they have kept her in the city with Tyrion and the others and created stories with the Sons of the Harpy stuff? And where's her useless ****ing dragon, still just napping on his own where he dropped her off?

The Dany story is the only plot line that I find boring, and that's mainly because (highlight to avoid spoiling it for those who haven't watched it yet) what Dany is going through is SO similar to season 2 when she was has fallen from the 'queen' status to be treated like garbage by her own people. That plot line is so redundant. THAT, and Emilia Clark has gaiend SO MUCH weight since last season, she is no longer eye candy like she was in season 2:)

But I think the Bran plot line, which I thought was gonna be so boring, has been great thanks to flashbacks. I think the Arya, Sansa, Snow storylines have been great too. I think Season 4 is the best season thus far, but first 3 episodes thus far, I think this season has been a top 3 season to me.

Dany was short and fat in the very first episode. When she came out of that bath naked with her brother in front of her (if I recall correctly), I couldn't help thinking to myself what a horrible figure she has. Nothing sexy there, imo.

Trying to think of who I do consider hot, and I'm not sure I can recall any GOT chick that blew me away. I've thought Cersei is attractive, Melisandre, and maybe Margery (no idea how to spell most of these names, as I've never read the books). Mostly meh overall. If they had one completely smoking chick on the show, with the exposure it gave every main character, she'd probably be a superstar actress now. Dany got some parts - bomb. Sansa I think is in the upcoming X-Men, whose reviews are terrible. Cercei has been around since before the show, and it hasn't really risen her stock.

Dany and Kings Landing are boring to me this season (Dany has always bored me post season 1)

BTW where is Littlefinger?

Dany and Kings Landing are boring to me this season (Dany has always bored me post season 1)

BTW where is Littlefinger?

Where are the whitewalkers? 3 episodes in and no sign of them?

So ya Dany with the huge push last night. Shit just got interesting for her again

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

it basically took us back to the end of season 1 when her story was interesting....

so that is great news

what are thoughts on the high sparrow stuff? i just do not care about either side of the issue

curious if i am the only one

another rewind with jon snow to "jon stark" when stannis offered him that

Spoilers

She has more then enough soldiers to destroy the Sons of Harpy and the Masters so its going to be interesting to see how it all plays out after Tyrion negotiated with them on the 7 year deal

I suspect she loses it on him (sentences him to death maybe) and somehow Rhagael and Viserion will end up saving him

High Sparrow is interesting because we still don't know who he is. I suspect you're about to see a bad ending for Cersei and the Tyrell's though.

oh we think that he might be somebody other than he appears?

something related to Dany coming to westeros?

Total hunch on my part, but I don't think the High Sparrow is some random cobbler's son. I'm not sure who he is, but I think there's a lot more to his story yet.

Back