• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Nearly every worker has complained about their job or boss at some point. This isn't shocking stuff.

It's not the complaining that is the problem, it's some of the answers.

When Duchene says he has not been listening in meeting for 3 weeks, it's a huge problem. As a paid professionnal, you can't just ignore meetings and pretend they are happening. If the team is dead last in PP and you don't listen to meeting, then maybe the problem is not the coach but the player.

But again, we all knew that Duchene was a cluster**** and a Cancer. Apparently, Bergevin was interested when he was available but survey some other GM about him and they pretty much all told him to stay away from the guy. Dorion should have done the same before trading half the club and picks for a guy that obviously, will not sign back with them.

A quick look around the league there seems to be over 27 players with 16+ pts on pace for breaking the 100pts barrier for the season.

Offense seems to be up league wide, could this be a replay of 05-06? Gionta with 50-goals etc..

To put in perspective Domi who’s at slightly above a PPG clip currently sits 46th league wide...

maybe
but october had the same amount of goals per game as last year
so maybe just early season type of stuff

see if it stays this way

It's not the complaining that is the problem, it's some of the answers.

When Duchene says he has not been listening in meeting for 3 weeks, it's a huge problem. As a paid professionnal, you can't just ignore meetings and pretend they are happening. If the team is dead last in PP and you don't listen to meeting, then maybe the problem is not the coach but the player.

But again, we all knew that Duchene was a cluster**** and a Cancer. Apparently, Bergevin was interested when he was available but survey some other GM about him and they pretty much all told him to stay away from the guy. Dorion should have done the same before trading half the club and picks for a guy that obviously, will not sign back with them.

I wonder how much Lafleur,Shutt etc. tuned into any meetings Bowman might have had.They may have, but, knowing the cast of characters as illustrated in Dryden's "The Game" I imagine there was quite a lot of mocking him behind his back. Different times.....no one to post it then. Of course, that team could do what they wanted, as they won. As for Bergevin asking around, if I were an opposing GM and felt that way about Duchesne, I imagine I would have told him to go for it. All's fair.....

The Blackhawks have fired head coach Joel Quenneville, along with assistants Kevin Dineen and Ulf Samuelsson.

Jeremy Colliton has been named the new head coach.

The longest tenure coach in the NHL is now... High Pitch.

7 years with TB.

I was at the Leaf game last night . Not sure if Max is still hurt but he looked toast . He was skating in quick sand .

The look of the future NHL

Drvbi3yXQAAM4On.jpg

Matt Casavant
@Mcaz
Four NHL Players have picked up at least a point in 14 games this season:
-Connor McDavid
-Sebastian Aho
-Max Domi
-Thomas Chabot

Matt Casavant
@Mcaz
Four NHL Players have picked up at least a point in 14 games this season:
-Connor McDavid
-Sebastian Aho
-Max Domi
-Thomas Chabot

Aho and Chabot in my fantasy draft :thumbup:

Max Domi is the surprising one here.
I had him as a late pick both previous year in my pool.
Thought he was gonna bring it to the next level last year but he really disappointed.
No way I was going with him a 3rd year in a row with him joining the dumpster fire in Montreal.
(He went undrafted in our fanstasy draft this year)

I guess that was not the year to quit on him, hats off to anyone who may a foreseen Domi's blooming into THE man in Montreal.
Still early, but this is going to be a career year for him.

Back