• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

I have to stop opening this thread.

The market gives me daily seizures, and to keep reading these doomsday predictions is making me sick about tomorrows before they even come.

About what should have been expected thus far today. Interested to see how we close. We are not very close to oversold on most timelines so the potential for an ugly close and an ugly Friday is there. Just have to hope for a higher low at this point.

I just don't understand what is with this market.

To come back so strong yesterday, and then to give half or more of it back today, I mean, what the **** is with this wildly swinging sentiment on zero news? Interest rates, China dispute, and government shutdown are all priced in already. Either you feel confident about things in spite of them, or you don't. I expected a pullback today, maybe something like 100 or 200 points, but over 500?

As CH1 said, this is typical in bear markets. Don't expect that to go away. We went down so quickly that no resistances were built. Then we took a rocket ship back up, but we didn't build any supports. Rinse and repeat. Just have to hope we stay above the low of Christmas Eve to build a higher low. If we do, that's a great sign. I expected this today... It's tomorrow and the next week that'll be interesting to me. In order to reverse the trend we need higher lows and lower highs for the next while. I'm not concerned until we start approaching Monday's levels... And if nostrateedsus is right, we may see that tomorrow. That's when we'll have to wait for the lower low to form.

If you're long, close your app. Ignore it all. It sucks. And it may not end anytime soon. Just don't let it effect you too much. It's not the end of the world. Unless this is 1989 Japan all over again it'll recover.

To come back so strong yesterday, and then to give half or more of it back today, I mean, what the **** is with this wildly swinging sentiment on zero news? Interest rates, China dispute, and government shutdown are all priced in already. Either you feel confident about things in spite of them, or you don't. I expected a pullback today, maybe something like 100 or 200 points, but over 500?

Yesterday from what I hear was a pension rebalancing day . Equities were the bought in droves to prop up their balance sheets for a day .

The system is rigged

Today's rally was more impressive than yesterday's. I'm bedridden with a wicked flu but bought SPX at 2402. Sold at 2421. Felt pretty proud, went back to bed, only to discover I left 60 points of profit on the table. Oh well....

As for the rebalancing/rigged theory, people are always using comforting narratives to explain fear/greed. Price pays. everything else is secondary.

Looks like I sold my APHA a day too soon. Made decent coin bottom fishing it, but the big move happened after market close as Green Growth is considering a hostile takeover. APHA up 28% on the news.

The 50% retracement was actually a signal to nibble on the long side.

Today's rally was more impressive than yesterday's. I'm bedridden with a wicked flu but bought SPX at 2402. Sold at 2421. Felt pretty proud, went back to bed, only to discover I left 60 points of profit on the table. Oh well....

As for the rebalancing/rigged theory, people are always using comforting narratives to explain fear/greed. Price pays. everything else is secondary.

Looks like I sold my APHA a day too soon. Made decent coin bottom fishing it, but the big move happened after market close as Green Growth is considering a hostile takeover. APHA up 28% on the news.

Oh yeah yesterday was expected. Today was amazing.

As for APHA.. as always I wish I had more but this certainly doesn't hurt and may prop up some other names as well.

I played GTII today. Sold after it was up about 9% on the day... It dumped another 15% I believe, I bought at 10.13 once I saw spy rallying and sold at 10.50. They've been a fairly easy play of late. Doing quite well on them but today required a lot of luck. I didn't think it would dump so much.

Oh yeah yesterday was expected. Today was amazing.

As for APHA.. as always I wish I had more but this certainly doesn't hurt and may prop up some other names as well.

I played GTII today. Sold after it was up about 9% on the day... It dumped another 15% I believe, I bought at 10.13 once I saw spy rallying and sold at 10.50. They've been a fairly easy play of late. Doing quite well on them but today required a lot of luck. I didn't think it would dump so much.

I have to stop opening this thread.

The market gives me daily seizures, and to keep reading these doomsday predictions is making me sick about tomorrows before they even come.

You need to take doomsday predictions with a grain of salt. They will never go away. They've been part of the market since the opening bell was rung in 1896. Yet, here we are, about 15% from all time highs.

Let me ask you this.....what is your investment horizon? If it's 10yrs or more, why bother stressing over the daily noise?

All my trades are long. The only time I sell is when I lose faith in the company, not because the stock dropped hard. But the pain of seeing stuff so much lower than they’ve been all year hurts me that I’m on the inside looking out, instead of on the outside looking in for bargains.

I firmly subscribe to buy, hold, and grow old. But timing is everything. Wish I’d done nothing all year long till this week.

Another day of wild swings. There were better options out there, but I bought GTI at 10.12 today for a quick flip at 10.75.

SPY just dumped about 1.5% in the past 15 minutes and GTI is back at 10.37. Ouch.

Great day for APHA, OGI and especially ACRG (for the second consecutive day).

Another day of wild swings. There were better options out there, but I bought GTI at 10.12 today for a quick flip at 10.75.

SPY just dumped about 1.5% in the past 15 minutes and GTI is back at 10.37. Ouch.

Great day for APHA, OGI and especially ACRG (for the second consecutive day).

Shorting SPX at 2518-20 area was too easy. That level was both resistance and the o/n high, plus odds of three straight afternoon rallies were slim.

Good day in the weed patch. No idea why Cresco Labs (CL) shot up 16% but I'll take it.

ROKU is back, bitchez. Up 20% today as the street figures out their biz model is attractive.

Added some in December. But not nearly enough to jump for joy. Will buy on dips.

Never bet against Canopy. In truth, I was thinking on Friday that it was a good time to buy WEED puts but both Friday and today seemed like things were cooling off without a major selloff. If I did buy them I would have exited this morning in all likelihood. I'd imagine some were still heavy in puts and got burned pretty badly.

No matter what the TA says, this space can be treacherous as ****. Way too easy to get burned.

Back