• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

If he wins re-election I will put the blame squarely on the democrats for not getting their shit together.

The GOP had 17 people running last election and eventually a clear cut nominee was found with lots of time to spare. The democratic field will be no different. You will see a ton of people drop out in fairly short order after the first couple of primaries. They just will not have the funds to compete long term.

Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris, Booker, Mayor Pete and a few others will have the funding needed to carry on after the first few primaries.

The GOP had 17 people running last election and eventually a clear cut nominee was found with lots of time to spare. The democratic field will be no different. You will see a ton of people drop out in fairly short order after the first couple of primaries. They just will not have the funds to compete long term.

Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris, Booker, Mayor Pete and a few others will have the funding needed to carry on after the first few primaries.

Yeah I get that. I just really think he’s easily beatable unless the Dems shoot themselves in the foot again. It’s this reason I would blame them for a second loss.

Also, given that Trump has now openly stated that he would accept information from a foreign government, do you still think the entire Trump-Russia investigation was “an orchestrated attempt to set up Trump by people who hate him” like you said before?

:shrug

Yeah I get that. I just really think he’s easily beatable unless the Dems shoot themselves in the foot again. It’s this reason I would blame them for a second loss.

You vastly overestimate the intelligence of the average person, especially in certain areas of your country.

How come you were so confident he’d be re-elected before? What part changed your mind?

If I’m willing to take a long look at a Democrat candidate, others are too. I know plenty of people that actually voted for Trump that are fed up. The atmosphere isn’t the same as when he got elected. People are simply exhausted by this man.

Also, given that Trump has now openly stated that he would accept information from a foreign government, do you still think the entire Trump-Russia investigation was “an orchestrated attempt to set up Trump by people who hate him” like you said before?

:shrug

I think Trump is a blowhard and an egomaniac. He talks a big game but there’s no substance there. I know why the investigation started, I still believe certain people overstepped though.

I think Trump is a blowhard and an egomaniac. He talks a big game but there’s no substance there. I know why the investigation started, I still believe certain people overstepped though.

“Certain people overstepped” seems like a long way from “orchestrated set up to take down Trump” like you said before. Good to see your stance had evolved on that.

He’s evaded justice, if anything.

By all accounts, POTUS is a profoundly corrupt money-laundering, mafioso authoritarian who has sold US foreign policy for personal gain.

Last edited:
I get your point, but I guess there’s no accountability for the losers who vote for this whirling dervish of liquid diarrhea.

I've been accused of having a way with words. But this...this....

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I get your point, but I guess there’s no accountability for the losers who vote for this whirling dervish of liquid diarrhea.

There aren’t enough of them, that’s the point. If the Democrats can’t come up with a candidate to attract the middle then that’s on them.

There aren’t enough of them, that’s the point. If the Democrats can’t come up with a candidate to attract the middle then that’s on them.

Yeah, as much as I hate a lot of what you say, this is the Dems election to lose, you're right. Whatever happens in the primaries, people have to work with whoever gets the nomination. This isn't the time to be "upset" that your choice nominee doesn't win, because despite what people think, it's not necessarily a runaway. It's gonna be way closer than people think.

Back