• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I mean lets be honest, if your reaction to all of this is "oh well I don't know how to interact with women now" you are most likely part of the problem.

These guys probably did those reporters a favour.

Those men are pussies. Just treat women like human beings and you'll be fine. The odds that you will get falsely accused of sexual harassment are very low. Driving is way more dangerous.

However, the odds of your behaviour making women uncomfortable because you don't treat them as humans...well thats why there is a metoo movement.

men are not going to risk their job, his standing in the community or his marriage because of being alone with a woman in a room.

The military (Canada) has suddenly implement something similar. When having a closed door conversation with a supervisor, a female soldier needs to wait until another supervisor can be present for that meeting. Men can just walk in and close the door and talk as much as they want.

Leads to women, at least at my unit, getting less time to talk to the higher ranks, because 2 supervisors isn't always a given.

Predictitable result of Metoo

I see nothing wrong with men wanting to protect themselves from false accusation. With that kind of policy everybody wins -- no sexual harassment of women the workplace, and no opportunity for false accusations either.

I mean lets be honest, if your reaction to all of this is "oh well I don't know how to interact with women now" you are most likely part of the problem.

These guys probably did those reporters a favour.
Yes.

They won't treat it as such though.

But don't get this wrong, this isn't a case of men think they don't know how to interact with women, its a case of men not trusting women in one on one interactions.

Which, again, was completely predictable

I see nothing wrong with men wanting to protect themselves from false accusation. With that kind of policy everybody wins -- no sexual harassment of women the workplace, and no opportunity for false accusations either.

Women will call it sexism. They already are.

You're not wrong, but I'm not at all surprised that some men look around and think "if I'm left alone with her and she says I did something even if I didn't who would believe me? "

There are consequences.

Erin Weir is about to lose his job as a MP

Ghomeshi lost his job at the CBC

Patrick Brown should be premier today, not Doug ****ing ford.

As for work dates, men will continue to take other men on work dates. Talk shop over dinner. Women are just getting cut off from upper management

Did i miss something? From what I read, the problem Ghomeshi had wasn't being alone with multiple women, it was that he was punching them in the face.

Did i miss something? From what I read, the problem Ghomeshi had wasn't being alone with multiple women, it was that he was punching them in the face.

He was alone with said women, said they like it rough and were willing participants in the rough slapping and chocking, she said she wasn't, her texts to him after said she was.

A third party would have cleared it up. More threesomes 4tw

He was alone with said women, said they like it rough and were willing participants in the rough slapping and chocking, she said she wasn't, her texts to him after said she was.

A third party would have cleared it up. More threesomes 4tw

I remember it being pretty questionable why at least 1 of them kept going back. But there were several women whose stories seemed legit, if I recall the details correctly, they wanted to hang out with him, and were okay with some S&M, but were still taken aback at repeatedly getting punched in the face.

How would women get the same opportunities as men in the workplace if men are claiming they’re afraid to be around them? How is that winning?

Do I not get the promotion because someone thinks they can’t be in a room with me alone?

Holy crap, this board :(

Yeah, men can protect themselves by changing their behaviour to respect other people.

Think about it the other way around. If it makes sense for men to avoid being alone with women to protect against false accusations, then how does it ever make sense for a woman to ever be alone with a man. They need to protect themselves from being sexually assaulted.

And jeez, pointing to Gomeshi as some kind of martyr? The dude beat up women during sex without consent. A court did not find enough evidence to convict him of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt. Doesn't mean he was wronged.

And jeez, pointing to Gomeshi as some kind of martyr? The dude beat up women during sex without consent. A court did not find enough evidence to convict him of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt. Doesn't mean he was wronged.

The women in that case were not credible in the least.

Yeah, men can protect themselves by changing their behaviour to respect other people.

Think about it the other way around. If it makes sense for men to avoid being alone with women to protect against false accusations, then how does it ever make sense for a woman to ever be alone with a man. They need to protect themselves from being sexually assaulted.

I wouldn't fault a woman who said she needed someone in the room with her. Would you?

How would women get the same opportunities as men in the workplace if men are claiming they’re afraid to be around them? How is that winning?

Do I not get the promotion because someone thinks they can’t be in a room with me alone?

Holy crap, this board :(
This is the drawback of #Metoo.

I called it back when the scope of it was widening way beyond the cosby case and started to go after guys like Patrick Brown.

I said there would be a backlash and here it is.

This is the drawback of #Metoo.

I called it back when the scope of it was widening way beyond the cosby case and started to go after guys like Patrick Brown.

I said there would be a backlash and here it is.

So is the only way to avoid potentially getting deprived of opportunities is for women to stay silent then? It’s women’s fault?

Crowd at tonight's Trump rally in North Carolina breaks out into chants of "Send her back!" as the president attacks Rep. Ilhan Omar

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8oiJKO9vrf0[/video]

Back