• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Shot:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
It would show great weakness if Israel allowed Rep. Omar and Rep.Tlaib to visit. They hate Israel & all Jewish people, & there is nothing that can be said or done to change their minds. Minnesota and Michigan will have a hard time putting them back in office. They are a disgrace!

Chaser:

Manu Raju @mkraju
5h
About an hour ago, the WH press secretary Stephanie Grisham put out a statement, saying: “The Israeli government can do what it wants," adding that reports that Trump urged Netanyahu to barr Omar and Tlaib are “inaccurate”

tumblr_p49mkdtApT1rvdpnwo3_500.gif

Wait...what? What did Omar and Tlaib do other than voice fairly rational opinions (we can argue about veracity, but nothing they say is unhinged) about Israel?

One side made honest, legitimate critiques. The other side banned them from their country for making honest, legitimate critiques.

Yeah ok.

The rationality of their critiques are irrelevant. The president using his influence to silence/punish dissenters is problematic. People are allowed to have different opinions. I though this was America.

The rationality of their critiques are irrelevant. The president using his influence to silence/punish dissenters is problematic. People are allowed to have different opinions. I though this was America.
America was never really great.

It just had a good marketing division.

America was never really great.

It just had a good marketing division.

The 50s-60s were great (for straight, white folks). Europe and Japan were flattened. China was one giant farm. America ruled.

Which critiques were irrational or ridiculous?

Omar is anti-Semitic. Tlaib not as much but she gets slammed for her parents being from the West Bank. As I said **** em all, Israel, Trump, the media and yes congress.

It’s childish to deny entry but I really don’t care.

Omar is anti-Semitic. Tlaib not as much but she gets slammed for her parents being from the West Bank. As I said **** em all, Israel, Trump, the media and yes congress.

It’s childish to deny entry but I really don’t care.

I understand anti-semitism, but I find myself curious as to what we call how Israelites feel about Palestines?

Seriously feel this is about worshiping the right god, not being right,

Big deadline deal. Maine and Connecticut and draft picks might be going the other way.

NEW: Trump has asked advisers whether the U.S. can acquire Greenland. WSJ report.

In meetings, at dinners and in passing conversations, Mr. Trump has asked advisers whether the U.S. can acquire Greenland, listened with interest when they discuss its abundant resources and geopolitical importance, and, according to two of the people, has asked his White House counsel to look into the idea.
Some of his advisers have supported the concept, saying it was a good economic play, two of the people said, while others dismissed it as a fleeting fascination that will never come to fruition. It is also unclear how the U.S. would go about acquiring Greenland even if the effort were serious.

In meetings, at dinners and in passing conversations, Mr. Trump has asked advisers whether the U.S. can acquire Greenland, listened with interest when they discuss its abundant resources and geopolitical importance, and, according to two of the people, has asked his White House counsel to look into the idea.
Some of his advisers have supported the concept, saying it was a good economic play, two of the people said, while others dismissed it as a fleeting fascination that will never come to fruition. It is also unclear how the U.S. would go about acquiring Greenland even if the effort were serious.

Last sentence is a dead giveaway. This is clearly written by Douglas Adams. He obviously still lives.

I swear i won't care about polls this time.

I swear I won't care about polls this time.

I swear I won't care about polls this time.

Ah crap....

ECCxt7_XsAAp2zR

Omar is anti-Semitic.

She's been labelled as such, the same as any criticism of Israel gets labelled as such. When she's accidentally (according to her, in fairness) dog whistled a trope or two, she's been quick to apologize. The substance she speaks on the subject is anti semetic at all, unless if we're going to play the same game that anything criticizing the actions of the state, are in fact racist against all Jewish people.

Tlaib not as much but she gets slammed for her parents being from the West Bank. As I said **** em all, Israel, Trump, the media and yes congress.

I've gotta stand behind my original point...one group is making rational, legitimate criticisms of the government in Israel...the other is trying to shut down discourse through name calling, and bar congress women from entering Israel. All sides my ass.

Back