• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

NY passes a “congestion” tax in their new budget. Cars will be charged $10 when entering certain areas of the city at certain times of the day.

This will put further strain on an already strained mass transit system although the politicians claim the proceeds of the tax will go to improving mass transit. Tax payers have heard that one before.

“The Republicans … are developing a really great HealthCare Plan with far lower premiums (cost) & deductibles than ObamaCare,” Trump continued. “In other words it will be far less expensive & much more usable than ObamaCare. Vote will be taken right after the Election when Republicans hold the Senate & win … back the House.”

Trump claimed that the as-yet-unseen Republican proposal “will be truly great HealthCare that will work for America,” writing online that “Republicans will always support Pre-Existing Conditions.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/01/trump-health-care-reform-1247632

This has to be the best April Fool's day joke ever. :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Nobody wants Obamacare, it's a failure. The Dems knew it would be when passed. It was the what they could get and was a major step towards what they really want, single-payer. If the Dems really want Obamacare, why are all the presidential candidates running on single-payer Medicare for all? They view Obamacare as better than nothing but do not view it as the answer.

My son was just approved for a paid internship with our state Representative. He'll be learning all about the inner-workings of government and making a difference in the community. While some sit back and complain on internet forums all day, people like my son fight for Real Change. Who knows, he may even run for office someday.

I couldn't be more proud.

Nobody wants Obamacare, it's a failure. The Dems knew it would be when passed. It was the what they could get and was a major step towards what they really want, single-payer. If the Dems really want Obamacare, why are all the presidential candidates running on single-payer Medicare for all? They view Obamacare as better than nothing but do not view it as the answer.

It was a complete compromise. Politics is often the art of the possible. But it got many voters wanting more. If fuller Medicare becomes the reality, the history books will look back at Obamacare as a necessary bridge to better healthcare policy.

MSNBC @MSNBC
10s
JUST IN: North Carolina Republican Party chairman indicted for bribery and corruption for “alleged participation in a bribery scheme involving independent expenditure accounts and improper campaign contributions.” on.msnbc.com/2JYvg2x

Slow endgame going down in Venuezela.

First Guaido chief of staff was arrested.

Now the Maduro created rubber stamp assembly has voted to remove Guiados political immunity.

Arrest or death in his future. And Maduro has just shown the way to survive this kind of event.

The New York Times @nytimes
55m
Breaking News: House Democrats authorized a subpoena to get a full copy of the Mueller report, setting up a confrontation with the Justice Department nyti.ms/2K2JK1G
Surely this won't be necessary, and the Trump Justice Department™ will just release the full report since it totally exonerates the President!

Why are people ignoring the specific laws surrounding this report? The Democrats know the laws yet spew bullshit for political reasons.

They will never, ever get the full unredacted report. Ever. The only way to do so is to change the special counsel law itself. From what I’ve read, rule 6E specifically.

This is a canard so that they can claim to the layman voter that Barr refused to release the full unredacted report. It’s a cheap political ploy.

These same democrats, Nadler especially, were vehemently against the release of the Starr report because of the very same reasons some GOP are against the release of this one. Two-faced sons of bitches.

The Starr report was released to Congress though.

You would think all Americans would want the full report released to Congress so they can do what needs to be done with it.

One would hope that’s a material consideration. In fact, here it is:

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CDOC-105hdoc310/pdf/CDOC-105hdoc310.pdf

Another material issue might be investigation of a randy hillbilly president who lied about sex with interns versus illegitimate election of racist Russian mob money launderer who has put US foreign policy for sale to highest bidder. Just saying the substance matters just as much as process purity.

The Starr report was released to Congress though.

You would think all Americans would want the full report released to Congress so they can do what needs to be done with it.

Not unredacted it wasn’t.

Mueller report should be released to congress and by all accounts it will be. I am also curious about it.

Watch the video link I posted, Nadler actually explains it well. He then “forgot” about the laws and rules 20 years later. Old age I guess.

Back