• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Time is a closed circle:

[video=youtube;SMHTZTtdRvE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMHTZTtdRvE&feature=share[/video]

267442-bill-murray-mindblown.gif

p.s. if you didn't watch this video......well, watch it.

So rumor has it Trump will raid the disaster relief fund for the wall because he’s tired of giving money to Puerto Rico. He would need to declare an emergency first. If he raids the disaster relief fund he has no soul.

So rumor has it Trump will raid the disaster relief fund for the wall because he’s tired of giving money to Puerto Rico. He would need to declare an emergency first. If he raids the disaster relief fund he has no soul.

But how are the Democrats also to blame for this?

They’re both to blame. There’s a deal to be made and Pelosi and Trump are being pigheaded. You could side with whomever you like but it takes two to tango and the “my way or the highway” attitude doesn’t cut it from either.

Nobody should tango if it costs 50 billion and doesn't actually teach you how to dance.

They're not both to blame. One is trying to force the other into a wasteful 50 billion dollar dance and the other side is right to say no.

Nobody should tango if it costs 50 billion and doesn't actually teach you how to dance.

They're not both to blame. One is trying to force the other into a wasteful 50 billion dollar dance and the other side is right to say no.

Except he’s asking for 5 not 50.

Except he’s asking for 5 not 50.

And he cant build a wall for 5....which means he comes back later demanding more money to finish building the wall that you've already paid 5 for.

I cant believe an experienced business man like you is falling for this basic ass grift.

The cost of the wall is 50, not 5, you're either falling for his game or going along with it.

Politics is grift. Who you kidding man?

You have two sides with constituents backing each philosophy. One side says zero the other 5. Trump agrees to take less, Pelosi still says zero.

Just because you fall on the side of **** Trump doesn’t mean others shouldn’t be heard. Your attitude is precisely what’s wrong with politics today, your opinion is the right opinion and there won’t be compromise. Previous generations found a way to compromise, it’s how democracy works. Trump’s and Pelosi’s attitude are not the way to get things done but that applies to all the recent leadership now doesn’t it? McConnell, Reid, Boehner, Schumer etc.

You can sit there and point your finger all you want, this is where Washington was heading and they’re all to blame. Period.

Previous generations also allowed each other to save face which got more done, that’s gone too.

You have two sides with constituents backing each philosophy. One side says zero the other 5. Trump agrees to take less, Pelosi still says zero.

Dems aren't saying zero. They will allocate serious money for real border security. Lots of the GOP congress agrees with them. Trump is about the only one with a wall (personal monument) fetish.

Dems aren't saying zero. They will allocate serious money for real border security. Lots of the GOP congress agrees with them. Trump is about the only one with a wall (personal monument) fetish.

Tell Pelosi to stop going in front of cameras saying zero then. She’s playing into Trump’s hands when she does it.

There's levels to this shit. You're falling for the easy shit apparently, and blaming the Democrats for it somehow.

So we're not even going to bother looking at the veracity of the claims made on either side? Trump wants nuclear war, Pelosi wants no nuclear war, so compromise is the only way and we just have small nuclear war? C'mon man.

This issue is pure stupidity. A wall is a complete waste of money that doesn't address the issue, full stop. It's bad policy, why throw money at it, why compromise on it?

Just because you fall on the side of **** Trump doesn’t mean others shouldn’t be heard.

**** me you're stupid sometimes. At no point have I suggested that the other side shouldn't be heard. They should be heard right up until the point they start digging in their heels and demanding nonsense solutions to real problems. The wall is a nonsense solution to a complex problem. So why spend the money? What is the pro argument for the wall beyond "some people want it"?

Your attitude is precisely what’s wrong with politics today,

Oh, ****ing spare me. Yeah, my opinion that policy should be rooted in some semblance in reality is clearly the problem, not that there are 10's of millions of people who are falling all over themselves to demand billions be spent on revenge fantasy because they get cranky every time they walk by someone speaking in spanish in 'Murica.

Compromise is essential when there are two serious ideas on the table, with a difference in opinion or ideology involved. This is not one of those situations.

your opinion is the right opinion and there won’t be compromise.

No compromise on a wall? No, of course not. Again, doing something really stupid just to make idiots feel good about themselves is bad, full stop. You want compromise? Identify the problem (immigration reform), put forward real solutions to the problem, fund it as necessary. Compromise. You've completely fallen (I'm going to go with "willingly") for the horseshit language and false dichotomy being put forward by the right on this one. The positions aren't "wall" and "no wall". It's "wall" or "rational solution for the southern border".

Previous generations found a way to compromise, it’s how democracy works.

Compromise with loons and tell me how that works out for you. Something tells me that you don't compromise with people who have nonsense ideas in your personal life. If the Republicans were advancing a rational solution for the southern border, something tells me that your country wouldn't be dealing with this. The thing telling me this is Democrats repeatedly voting for increased spending on the southern border to manage illegal immigration.

Tell Pelosi to stop going in front of cameras saying zero then. She’s playing into Trump’s hands when she does it.

The message has always been "nothing for a wall, but money for southern border enforcement".

And that's what it should be. The wall is a complete horseshit solution to a real problem, it's worse than doing nothing, because it diverts necessary funds from real potential solutions, into a fantasy solution.

You have no choice when said loon has more power than you as well as a roadblock in the senate. Eventually people will wear down and say give him the damn money.

Back