• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

a nice piece detailing precisely all the ways the GOP avoided Wall funding legislation over the last two years:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...hinges-wall-many-republicans-never-ncna958426

written by a conservative, btw.

and this comments from another conservative:

Dan McLaughlin @baseballcrank
As unreasonable & extreme as the Democrats' position has been, @NoahCRothman details how the wall funding crisis was caused by Republicans failing to make a deal among themselves when they didn't need D votes, & Trump failing to prioritize one.

Dan McLaughlin
@baseballcrank
As a matter of pure politics, Trump needs to claim he got something he can call "the Wall," & Democrats need to say they stopped him.

But it was obvious two years ago that both of these things were true. Neither the White House nor Congressional Rs planned ahead for them.

Michael Tackett @tackettdc
As only he can, @peterbakernyt steps back and looks deeply at each time Trump has met Putin as president and why those meetings are so troubling nyti.ms/2RR75G5

George Conway
@gtconway3d
“As Mr. Trump was ... heading back to Washington, he telephoned a Times reporter and argued that the Russians were falsely accused. ... Later on the same flight ..., Mr. Trump huddled with aides to decide how to respond to the emerging story ... about the Trump Tower meeting.”

Peter Baker @peterbakernyt
1h
In Hamburg, Trump said Putin denied election hack but told him that "if we did, we wouldn’t have gotten caught because we’re professionals." Trump said: "I thought that was a good point because they are some of the best in the world."

America first...unless Russia was involved because if Russia was involved, they're too good for us to catch.

So America is second?

Amazing how despite complete chaos, the market has been plowing up since Christmas Eve. We are well overdue for consolidation and need to set a higher low, but the bulls are completely in control.

Dow is where it was a month ago now. Down near 3000 points from 3 months ago, and 2000 points from 1 year ago.

Nah, I'm just right that the fake trump-bubble of 2017 was a mirage, and that the last year of correction was expected.

C_KUN3KXUAAHqFt.jpg:large

C_KUN3KXkAE14qQ.jpg:large

Abby D. Phillip @abbydphillip
Per @mkraju, the WH is lobbying Republican Senators not to sign a letter asking Trump to reopen the gov for 3 weeks while they work on an immigration deal. The letter is being worked on by Graham and Coons, but would represent a break in the "unity" Trump has been touting.

it's getting to the point where I'm more surprised if Trump ISN'T completely and entirely full of shit

I’m Trumped out. It’s an endless flow of manure running down Pennsylvania Avenue. Now pretty much every politician has lied, lied by omission, bent the truth etc., that’s a given. This guy is King Kong of bullshit. I can’t even listen to him speak anymore.

CNBC Now @CNBCnow
BREAKING: U.K. government wins no-confidence vote, with 325 lawmakers voting in favor of May's administration.

I’m Trumped out. It’s an endless flow of manure running down Pennsylvania Avenue. Now pretty much every politician has lied, lied by omission, bent the truth etc., that’s a given. This guy is King Kong of bullshit. I can’t even listen to him speak anymore.

I tried to tell you that years ago.

nobody wants to be the one that has to fix that mess.

a bunch of dummies threw a stink grenade and nobody wants to jump on it.

and the guys who threw the grenade are just waiting for the chance to rebuild their careers by complaining and I told you soing and blaming the elite for whichever result actually happens.

What in the actual ****?
This was expected, no?

A bunch of May's MP's may have voted against her Brexit deal, but I doubt they're eager to head to the polls in a general election.

Same would go with the contingent of MP's from the DUP who currently hold the balance of power, and would be loathe to give that up.

Back