• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

It's a tough decision. But it's pretty absurd that the Republicans can keep moving further and further to the right, and it's okay, they keep winning, but the Dems try to move a couple of inches to the left after many years of playing the center and it's "Gotta stay in the middle to win!"

Hilary was a centrist with a centrist VP and where did it get us? Was it a good thing (she won by over 2 million votes) or a bad thing (Benedict Orange is president).

Maybe a centrist Joe at the top of the ticket with a progressive VP is the answer, but at this point all options must remain firmly on the table.

It's a tough decision. But it's pretty absurd that the Republicans can keep moving further and further to the right, and it's okay, they keep winning, but the Dems try to move a couple of inches to the left after many years of playing the center and it's "Gotta stay in the middle to win!"

Hilary was a centrist with a centrist VP and where did it get us? Was it a good thing (she won by over 2 million votes) or a bad thing (Benedict Orange is president).

Maybe a centrist Joe at the top of the ticket with a progressive VP is the answer, but at this point all options must remain firmly on the table.

dems lost because the voters who voted for obama stayed home.

Republicans have it right, play to the base, get them excited, get them out on election day and ram your base down the throat of the other side.

Sanders Warren ticket, watch the Feel the bern crowd run to the ballot box and then drink the tears of the habsy types.

Biden is Hillary with a dick. He plays right into Trumps hands. Who is legitimately excited about Biden? The only thing exciting about Biden is that his name isn't Trump.

It’s not about centrism, I don’t think most people care.

Hilldog comes across as a tiresome Ivy League scold to a lot of voters, and I’m not talking about the foaming Fox propaganda base that was conditioned for two decades to think she’s the Antichrist.

Biden doesn’t have the same challenges. And, then there’s the obvious gender issue. Some people will never vote for a female POTUS.

It’s not about centrism, I don’t think most people care.

Hilldog comes across as a tiresome Ivy League scold to a lot of voters, and I’m not talking about the foaming Fox propaganda base that was conditioned for two decades to think she’s the Antichrist.

Biden doesn’t have the same challenges. And, then there’s the obvious gender issue. Some people will never vote for a female POTUS.
What does Biden stand for? Why vote for Biden?

I know what Warren stands for, I know what Sanders stands for. I kind of know what mayor Pete stands for, and Harris.

Biden? Biden is the status quo guy, doesn't move the needle, just keeps a steady hand on the wheel of the nation until the next republican jerk off veers is off road to the right again.

**** Biden.

File it under: Can't make this shit up

The US is insisting that Tehran abides by the nuclear deal that Trump has called the worst deal in history, pulled the US out of and has done it's best to make sure the other parties to the deal can't do business with Iran within the framework of.

File it under: Can't make this shit up

The US is insisting that Tehran abides by the nuclear deal that Trump has called the worst deal in history, pulled the US out of and has done it's best to make sure the other parties to the deal can't do business with Iran within the framework of.
So basically...Iran should agree to all of the limits of the nuclear deal, while getting none of the agreed-to economic & sanction-related benefits.

Yeah, that sounds like a Trump negotiation.

So basically...Iran should agree to all of the limits of the nuclear deal, while getting none of the agreed-to economic & sanction-related benefits.

Yeah, that sounds like a Trump negotiation.

He will then turn this into an international ****show, threaten Iran over twitter and sign the same ****ing deal everyone was already part of, proclaiming it a huge success for him.

and never forget, in opposition to their treatment of Iran, this is how they treat the middle eastern country most responsible for muslim terrorism, including 9/11:

Sina Azodi
@Azodiac83
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has blocked the inclusion of Saudi Arabia on a U.S. list of countries that recruit child soldiers, dismissing his experts’ findings that a Saudi-led coalition has been using under-age fighters in Yemen’s civil war. reut.rs/2wZmvfr

The newspaper in Orlando, where the president is set to officially kick off his re-election bid Tuesday, has already announced its 2020 White House endorsement: anyone but Trump.

The Hill
@thehill
Sen. Mitt Romney: "There should be a reporting system that if a government or agents of a government are trying to provide value of some kind, either financial or perhaps campaign material, to a campaign, that ought to be reported."

a Federal Investigative force of some kind to report these things to. I wonder what they would call it?

so trump's acting sec of defense just withdrew his nomination before ever going for the full job. might be due to this iran stuff or might be because he abused his kids. or both.

but more importantly, trump seems to have completely surrounded himself with a bunch of "acting" officials, none with permanent jobs, all desperate to make him happy so they can get those permanent jobs.

i.e. a banana republic

(but dems' fault that he gets re-elected if they put up anyone even remotely lefty up for for the nomination)

so a couple hundred trumpies lined up for his kickoff rally in orlando 40hrs early....and now are getting absolutely pummelled by downpours.

so god is good.

NBC News @NBCNews
3m
Key Trump admin. vacancies with acting leaders:

Acting Defense secretary
Acting DHS secretary
Acting UN ambassador
Acting SBA administrator
Acting chief of staff
Acting FEMA director
Acting ICE director
Acting USCIS director
Acting FAA administrator

NBC News @NBCNews
3m
Key Trump admin. vacancies with acting leaders:

Acting Defense secretary
Acting DHS secretary
Acting UN ambassador
Acting SBA administrator
Acting chief of staff
Acting FEMA director
Acting ICE director
Acting USCIS director
Acting FAA administrator

System is so beautifully broken. Why not just a entire acting government?

so trump's acting sec of defense just withdrew his nomination before ever going for the full job. might be due to this iran stuff or might be because he abused his kids. or both.

but more importantly, trump seems to have completely surrounded himself with a bunch of "acting" officials, none with permanent jobs, all desperate to make him happy so they can get those permanent jobs.

i.e. a banana republic

(but dems' fault that he gets re-elected if they put up anyone even remotely lefty up for for the nomination)

Yep.

It's amazing that you can't grasp the fact that Trump is so bad that should a Dem candidate lose to him it means that candidate is perceived as being worse. Clinton had historic disapproval numbers so losing PA, MI and WI was somewhat explainable. Now? Losing any of those three let alone all is because the Dems did not send the right message. I could be wrong but it seems to me that you fail to grasp what works on the coasts simply does not in those states. You can blame "dumb Americans" all you want but without a viable (to them at least) choice they will either stay home or vote Trump again. Pelosi knows this and it is why she is trying to curb the desire of the more radical left to impeach Trump as it would likely play excellent on the coasts but backfire in states Clinton lost.

Anecdotal I know but I am already seeing a slew of Trump 2020 bumper stickers down here. They are everywhere lately. These people the Dems will never get however the ones that don't identify with either party are attainable with the right message and candidate so you have to ask yourself if it is worth pushing a radical (for the States anyway) agenda if it means Trump will win again. What is the lesser of the evils? Trump part 2 or a more centrist candidate that says the right things?

Back