• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018-19 Miscellaneous News Thread

You guys saw Kinetico Bill staring dead-eyed into his game notes like they had some answers for him, right? Wild Bill still thinks that Unicorn Dream Notebook of his is gonna get him there. No man ... but having some sort of ability to adjust your gameplan when it's not working might help. Just a suggestion, although frankly I'd be happy enough to watch the most spitefully stubborn human being on earth continue to fail.

Here's the thing ... if Vegas can finish off the Sharks on Sunday and the Blues can beat the Jets at home today, the only teams remaining who were even considered to have an outside shot at the Cup going into this season will be the Preds and Caps. And both of them are currently stuck in knockdown, drag-out 2-2 series with Wildcard teams considered much their lessers. It's officially a weird playoffs, folks. Enjoy it while you can. Boston, Calgary, Pittsburgh, and Tampa ... all like gone with barely a whimper. Amazing.

The reffing is the problem. The nhl is really messing up.
They need the refs to control the games. This means all go 7 games with the one with the bringing the most $$$ in wins. They cannot allow the top teams go out in 4 or even 5 games.

Calgary was a pretty heavy favorite to come out of the West, especially after San Jose collapsed down the stretch.

The West was pretty wide open before the playoffs started. I don't think many people really believed in Calgary to come out of the West as evidenced by these predictions from ESPN writers where only 3 out of 18 picked them. That said, no one really saw Colorado beating them either. Probably not really surprising to this board of Bill Peters fans!

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...ffs-first-round-stanley-cup-conn-smythe-picks

Blues use the Schwartz in Game 6... looks like they're gonna wrap up that series after his natural hatty.

Wild Bill Peters, MO, Lavi and Rod the Bod may have a tee time booked for a foursome as early as Tuesday...

I'm sorry but I can't imagine a world where Mo. Rod and Lavi would invite Bill Peters to join them doing pretty much anything.

Mo is probably done in Winnipeg. A less than convincing regular season followed by a first round exit wasn't what they had in mind on up the plains. I think he's probably run his course. Lavi MIGHT be done in Nashville if they lose out, but there's a lot less rumbling out of Tennessee.

I'm sorry but I can't imagine a world where Mo. Rod and Lavi would invite Bill Peters to join them doing pretty much anything.

Mo is probably done in Winnipeg. A less than convincing regular season followed by a first round exit wasn't what they had in mind on up the plains. I think he's probably run his course. Lavi MIGHT be done in Nashville if they lose out, but there's a lot less rumbling out of Tennessee.

Saw something tweeted last night indicating that Mo might be headed to Buffalo if he does get whacked in Winnpeg.

Saw something tweeted last night indicating that Mo might be headed to Buffalo if he does get whacked in Winnpeg.
Well, they appear to be looking for a sure thing, and whiffed on McLellan. Mo may be boring, but you sure as heck know what you’re getting. Decent coach, quality human being.

San Jose wins on a Thomas Hertl shortie in the 2nd OT. Another game 7 on tap for Tuesday.

What the hell happened to Nashville? A couple of years ago they looked like a dynasty in the making. The NHL is a tough league.

The Preds suddenly do not look like a team up front that scares anyone in terms of real top end skill guys that can score goals consistently. Forsberg is streaky, so is Johansson...after that, a bunch of muckers and grinders like Sissons, Watson, etc. They need that Tolvanen kid to turn into the next Aho!

Last edited:
What the hell happened to Nashville? A couple of years ago they looked like a dynasty in the making. The NHL is a tough league.

The pace of play has sped up dramatically over the last two seasons, and the Preds haven't adjusted as well as you'd like. It's a problem for the Western Conference in general. Like Winnipeg, they're a big, heavy team all down the roster and when faced with a team that can really move they just can't catch it to hit it.

Nashville also picked up big bodies prior to the deadline-- Simmonds and Boyle. But the team struggled with scoring. I think they were trying to match up against Winnipeg, but a lot of their guys were MIA-- Turris, Johanssen, and Forsburg. Simmonds was hurt. Credit to Rocco Grimaldi and his goals.

Nashville also picked up big bodies prior to the deadline-- Simmonds and Boyle. But the team struggled with scoring. I think they were trying to match up against Winnipeg, but a lot of their guys were MIA-- Turris, Johanssen, and Forsburg. Simmonds was hurt. Credit to Rocco Grimaldi and his goals.

Yeah, I thought David Poile went the wrong way the deadline. He's been a great GM for the Preds, but he over played the potential matchup with the Jets without regard for how they were planning to get that far. They'd have had the same issue if they had ended up with Colorado ... too ponderous, too heavy, not quick enough. What really drove home the stake for Nashville though was their power play going 0-fer the series. That's tough to overcome.

Let's go Bruins!

Ugh, I threw up a little bit.

Toronto proves that you can't buy a championship. They put all of their eggs into a salary cap basket. It backfired. That roster will look different next season.

Last edited:
Back